Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery of P85D to start from June 2015 in Australia
Delivery of Model S Signatures "highly likely" in New Year, "working very hard" to get it before Xmas this year
Lease negotations are on for Melbourne Service Centre
Most likely QLD will be next, East Coast is high priority
P85+ or Signatures cannot be converted to P85D, the order would have to be cancelled
Signature will definitely be delivered first, before Production delivery starts
Clients who want to delay their car until service centre opens will have to get their car rebuilt closer to when they want to receive it (Signature holders will have to cancel their Signature reservation). Signature line to close (not sure if this means permanently) after deliveries to Australia.

Unable to disclose the source.

Mine is still in production. I think I'm signature 30.

As of now, my Sig is still in production! Seems to be taking a long time. Was definitely expecting it to finish today. Sig number 9 - they do not seem to be doing anything in order!!

Really? So now they are telling us of yet another delay to perhaps January next year? This is becoming worse than a farce!!

Aside from the fact that pricing my sig on the current configurator works out at $4000 LESS than my invoice says! This after providing support to the company for 3 3/4 years with an interest free loan, i am truly not sure what the sig benefit is. An exterior colour and a leather colour, and delivery maybe 1 or 2 weeks ahead of production? Tesla making an additional profit from those who have supported them loyally for many years now!! Yes, the sigs are fully loaded, but pano roof is an extra, nevertheless, and so is subzero, not that i want or need the latter.

So we get an extra badge? Pretty expensive badge!! Maybe even Elon's autograph? though I doubt that.

Last edited:
As of now, my Sig is still in production! Seems to be taking a long time. Was definitely expecting it to finish today. Sig number 9 - they do not seem to be doing anything in order!!

Really? So now they are telling us of yet another delay to perhaps January next year? This is becoming worse than a farce!!

Aside from the fact that pricing my sig on the current configurator works out at $4000 LESS than my invoice says! This after providing support to the company for 3 3/4 years with an interest free loan, i am truly not sure what the sig benefit is. An exterior colour and a leather colour, and delivery maybe 1 or 2 weeks ahead of production? Tesla making an additional profit from those who have supported them loyally for many years now!! Yes, the sigs are fully loaded, but pano roof is an extra, nevertheless, and so is subzero, not that i want or need the latter.

So we get an extra badge? Pretty expensive badge!! Maybe even Elon's autograph? though I doubt that.

I feel your pain, my wait is longer. At least by the time mine arrives there should be Superchargers in place.

In terms of the pricing difference, why not speak to Tesla about it rather than post here? Maybe if you reverse the order, ask Tesla, then post here, could be a win-win?

The Signature badge is maybe best thought of as a badge of honour, supporting Tesla early on. Not that I'll have the badge but here must be some other perks, I'm guessing a meet & greet with Elon :wink:

For once I think they are under promising.... hopefully they will over deliver. I would expectable the Sigs to be delivered before Christmas.

We have just released new product and advising that we will ship at end November. I'll be really p*** if we don't deliver well
before then.

Took a call from Linda Han at Tesla HQ today.
She was confirming details for my delivery (to WA). I was given the option to have my car delivered with no local service centre or to wait for a Perth service centre to eventuate. I took the first option. It was mentioned that I would now go into production in 'a couple of weeks' and should expect delivery in 'a couple of months'. It was also confirmed that delivery meant all the way to WA, either to my door or to a nearby depot. All temporary NSW/VIC registration and shipping/handling would be dealt with by Tesla (via an agent) and included in my contract cost.

I just received a call from Linda as well. She confirmed my car will enter production in the next week or so, and - although she couldn't promise anything - indicated they are hopeful of delivery before Christmas.

It would surely be my best Christmas present ever :biggrin:

Have any production orders in Melbourne been contacted yet? I'm concerned that we may not get ours until the service centre is operational here given the number of cars they're going to need to support. Relatively easy to cover WA/Qld et al from Sydney, but not here so much. I'm production #125 so maybe my call is coming soon?

Hi LGGD - is your friend finished as well? By the way can we change his/her name to something other than "LGGD's friend"? Sounds hilarious :D

LOL. Feel free to change it to whatever you like Timpoo. You chose it. But let me assure everyone, neither of us are any relation to anyone in Tasmania.

Oh, and LGGD's friend is still listed as in production. I am guessing it is to do with colour batches.

Production Complete! :)

Now it'll be interesting to see how long to ship & prep. A colleague who just waited 7 months for a Mercedes tells me that they kept his car for ages after production until they had enough to make up a shipment. I'd assume that Tesla will send a batch.