Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't be that as I am blue with black leather so no common themes with DBorn!

I am sig 32, not sure if there were many other higher signature reservations?

Had a talk with Tim and mine should be in Australia in mid-Nov. I think this would normally translate into a late November delivery, but he said no cars can be released until the service facility is complete, which in Sydney will be some time in December, and they cannot predict the opening date exactly. So any transit delay with a few cars is likely to be moot.

The only significant differences between my car (in transit) and Dborn's was that he took the offer of the new black headliner, so if TesAus did the same, the problem could be a temporary shortage of those. I stayed with an all white interior. But whatever, any late Sigs will catch up while everybody is waiting for the service centre opening.

So I wouldn't expect too much delivery date difference between the Sigs and the early P85s. Elon will want a big global delivery number before December 31st to create a big Q4 result. Looks like a nice Christmas coming for some of us.

My vehicle is, according to Tim yesterday, "in testing" and should be shipped later this week. For now after 6.00pm California time Monday, I am still " in production". Since there have apparently been sig reds, black headliner and white leather cars complete production, it seems that none of those are the cause of the delay. I am aware of a total of 3 cars in the same position including mine.

My vehicle is, according to Tim yesterday, "in testing" and should be shipped later this week. For now after 6.00pm California time Monday, I am still " in production". Since there have apparently been sig reds, black headliner and white leather cars complete production, it seems that none of those are the cause of the delay. I am aware of a total of 3 cars in the same position including mine.

oh that's nice maybe they are just doing extra QA on your car! See they love you!

Following some tips from around here and the Tesla Reddit page I contacted Linda at Tesla and since I'm still in the queue, changed my Tech Pack to Tech Pack with Auto Pilot. Because I had parking sensors already on my order (which is now included with TP with AP) there was no cost but I gained some Fog Lights BUT more importantly Autopilot features.

Quoting:
"[FONT=&quot]Your current vehicle will already have the autopilot hardware that currently includes the safety features of lane drift detection and speed limit assist. Overtime, with software updates, we will introduce autopilot convenience features. In order to activate these, we would be charging the difference between your current tech package price ($4600 AUD) and the new price ($5200 AUD). "

So, if you are still waiting in the queue it may be worth upgrading/updating - depending on you options you may get some other features.

I don't know:
a) whether the existing sigs etc will need to update when autopilot features become available
b) if any of these autopilot features will be allowed in our nanny state/s

Timpoo - can you please add Fogs for me / TP with AP.

[/FONT]

Had the call and email from Tim today. He confirmed that my car is still in production, but would likely move to "in transit" soon. Communication was all focused on a December delivery (this year!). Further info on insurance, finance and delivery process to come closer to the date.

I recommend Mike's appproach re the tech package if your car has not entered production. There is a difference between the old and the new tech packages, and if you have already ordered the parking sensors then it is an improvement at zero cost.

My car remains in production this morning. Given that build times are typically 3 -4 days, I have to wonder if the car really did go into production on the 9th. Was that notification just to make us feel that they were indeed moving on the rebuilds? Should my car go in transit by Friday, my guess is that that they only started building this week.

Until Tesla send a bulk email out to everyone with some clarity, I certainly recommend calling/emailing them about it.

Having said that, from my discussions with them, they've indicated that you get the hardware. And if you've paid for at least parking sensors (or maybe fog lights as a substitute) then you will not be charged for autopilot software later. The cost will be ~$500 AUD otherwise but you can do that later.

What is not clear is that if you wait, and do nothing now, whether you'll be charged the fee to enable the software later when you already have purchased parking sensors. I suspect they won't charge.

Edit: oh, and you can even make this change while in production..