Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey yo timpoo,

mhh just got a chassis number!

I think that's the first D to get it. Looks like things are hotting up.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tim,
Pls add my P85D order to the spreadsheet:
Pearl White
21" Grey turbine wheels
Pano roof
Black next-gen seats
Carbon fiber interior
Carbon Fiber spoiler
Tech package
Air suspension
Premium sound
White alcantara
Dual charger
Confirmed: 10th Feb
Est Delivery: June

Thanks!

Hey bb07... with specs like that, you should change your name to jb007!

G'day Timpoo, Could you please record me as delivered, yesterday, 16 February. Yes, the 'Tesla grin' is evident !
Ordered 1 January 2012, whilst in Canada on holidays after retiring in 2011. A long wait !
Spent 4.5 hours on the HPWC at Chadstone this afternoon, in order to get home to Western Victoria tonight. Absolutely no regrets !

G'day Timpoo, Could you please record me as delivered, yesterday, 16 February. Yes, the 'Tesla grin' is evident !
Ordered 1 January 2012, whilst in Canada on holidays after retiring in 2011. A long wait !
Spent 4.5 hours on the HPWC at Chadstone this afternoon, in order to get home to Western Victoria tonight. Absolutely no regrets !

1st Jan 2012! Wow, amazing patience, here's hoping you get many years of driving enjoyment.

Hey guys,

Has as anyone ordered a car for the ACT but taken delivery in Sydney?
I'm primarily based in Sydney but also have a home and live in Canberra as well.

I originally ordered a p85+ to my ACT address but was advised by Tesla that it may mean that my order is significantly delayed until Tesla establish a presence there.

As it turns out, I changed my order to a D as soon as the D was released, so I'm delayed anyway

I recently heard from a Tesla rep that they're ok to do a ACT order and I can take delivery in Sydney and drive it down? He said that there have been other owners who have done that.

Obviously there's a huge financial incentive in buying it in the ACT, just wondering if anyone here has experience or advice on this?

cheers!

When I confirmed my order on Jan 7 my expected delivery date was March, then April, then late April, then May and now merely 6 weeks later the delivery date has blown out to June. It's only a plain vanilla S85, I can't believe that it'll take 6 months in the queue to get built and delivered

I would guess the issue is with the ports and the huge backlog of shipments that has built up.

Hey guys,

I'm primarily based in Sydney but also have a home and live in Canberra as well.

I originally ordered a p85+ to my ACT address but was advised by Tesla that it may mean that my order is significantly delayed until Tesla establish a presence there.

As it turns out, I changed my order to a D as soon as the D was released, so I'm delayed anyway

I recently heard from a Tesla rep that they're ok to do a ACT order and I can take delivery in Sydney and drive it down? He said that there have been other owners who have done that.

Obviously there's a huge financial incentive in buying it in the ACT, just wondering if anyone here has experience or advice on this?

cheers!

Hi ON1 - there are members of the forum who have regularly done drives down from Sydney to ACT with no issues. I say you should buy it in ACT, then take delivery in Sydney. Just ask them to do a range charge before you take delivery so you have the max range :)

Hey guys,

As it turns out, I changed my order to a D as soon as the D was released, so I'm delayed anyway ��

Obviously there's a huge financial incentive in buying it in the ACT, just wondering if anyone here has experience or advice on this?��

cheers!
There is no issue buying the car and registering it in the ACT. Taking delivery in Sydney is not a biggie. You can complete the charge to 100% at the supercharger at the delivery centre, even if they haven't done it for you. It will take tops 40 mins!! Either drive straight home to charge, (you might need to moderate speed to around 105km/h to get the range with range mode and set suspension to very low.).

There is no issue buying the car and registering it in the ACT. Taking delivery in Sydney is not a biggie. You can complete the charge to 100% at the supercharger at the delivery centre, even if they haven't done it for you. It will take tops 40 mins!! Either drive straight home to charge, (you might need to moderate speed to around 105km/h to get the range with range mode and set suspension to very low.).

Yeah thanks for for the tips guys. I'm comfortable with driving it down to Canberra from Sydney - my business partner has driven his down and charged at the Realm etc.

I was more after thoughts on the buying / registering the car in ACT etc. I can reserve the plate etc there as well.
Any thoughts or advice on this aspect? Would I need to change it to NSW rego after three months as I'm likely to be back in Sydney primarily?

Yeah thanks for for the tips guys. I'm comfortable with driving it down to Canberra from Sydney - my business partner has driven his down and charged at the Realm etc.

I was more after thoughts on the buying / registering the car in ACT etc. I can reserve the plate etc there as well.
Any thoughts or advice on this aspect? Would I need to change it to NSW rego after three months as I'm likely to be back in Sydney primarily?
Register it in the ACT so that you don't pay sales tax - EVs are exempt there. Keep it registered there for as long as possible and transfer it to NSW showing that it was your car there and you should be able to avoid paying stamp duty here. If it were an ICE then transferring from ACT to here shouldn't attract duty, so I don't see how your car would be any different.

I am in the ACT and ordered a Model S last November (85kwh battery, tech package, pano roof, white, tan leather seats). I haven't got the car yet (it is due in March). I have asked to take delivery at the Sydney service centre. My understanding of the process is that Tesla will get a permit allowing the car to be driven for a few days to get it back to the ACT where I will need to get it inspected and registered.

I am in the ACT and ordered a Model S last November (85kwh battery, tech package, pano roof, white, tan leather seats). I haven't got the car yet (it is due in March). I have asked to take delivery at the Sydney service centre. My understanding of the process is that Tesla will get a permit allowing the car to be driven for a few days to get it back to the ACT where I will need to get it inspected and registered.

The following from Road User Services ACT:

Thank you for your email

The process to establish registration in the ACT is below

To establish the registration of any motor vehicle or trailer that is not exempt from registration, the customer must provide the following documents:

*Proof of Identity
*Proof of Acquisition
*Proof of Garage Address
*for some vehicles, customers must provide evidence that they are using it for a purpose that entitles them to an exemption or concession
*if the vehicle is converted to gas - a gas certificate completed by a Licensed Gas Fitter. A gas certificate is not required for establishment of registration of a new vehicle, provided the vehicle has an LPG Compliance plate fitted.

I would recommend you come to Dickson Shopfront with the above as there is no TAN for these vehicles and it is a green vehicle and therefore does not pay stamp duty.

Nanette Binkhorst
Correspondence Officer
Transport Regulation
Phone: 02 62077065
Fax: 02 62077120

Re ACT registration - see my earlier post: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...e-in-Australia?p=711766&viewfull=1#post711766

It was much too difficult for me but may work in your case.

Cheers
Higgy