Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Michael, you realise that they are toying with you?

The whole delivery issue is a giant experiment:

1. they are analysing each user and developing a curve showing breaking point.
2. This then is compounded by frequent changes to see how you react.
3. They monitor all communications to build a profile.
2. This will then be matched with all the driving information after delivery to develop an aggression profile and yield another data dimension.
3. And, of course, the speed limit data from the camera will be matched to your real speed and they will be able to develop a profile re: your propensity to ignore the law or, alternatively, add to their info about how to make you docile

They wont need to monetise this, the project has been funded already by Google to assist with developing Googles programme for eventual control of the world....

Cheers (only half joking)
David

Michael, you realise that they are toying with you?

2. This will then be matched with all the driving information after delivery to develop an aggression profile and yield another data dimension.
3. And, of course, the speed limit data from the camera will be matched to your real speed and they will be able to develop a profile re: your propensity to ignore the law or, alternatively, add to their info about how to make you docile

They wont need to monetise this, the project has been funded already by Google to assist with developing Googles programme for eventual control of the world....

David
In that case I'll corrupt the data set by being atypically nice and reasonable:smile:
I could push the car from Sydney to Melbourne in a month.
They'll be even more confused as my wife and I will both be alternating as drivers - Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde

Ship with my car arrived in Sydney about 10 days ago. I will pick it up on Thursday (I could've got it a few days earlier but I can't get away from work any sooner). Tesla has over delivered on timing. I was told a 4 month wait was likely, and the availability is a few days less than that.

Ship with my car arrived in Sydney about 10 days ago. I will pick it up on Thursday (I could've got it a few days earlier but I can't get away from work any sooner). Tesla has over delivered on timing. I was told a 4 month wait was likely, and the availability is a few days less than that.

Congrats One Gear! Look forward to seeing some photos of your delivery experience :)

Congrats One Gear! Look forward to seeing some photos of your delivery experience :)
Thanks. Meanwhile, Wall Connector eagerly awaits the arrival of its mate.
image.jpg

Thanks. Meanwhile, Wall Connector eagerly awaits the arrival of its mate.
View attachment 75497
Hey One Gear, what have you plugged the charging wand into on the RHS of the white beam just above the Tesla wallcharger? Mine just hangs droopily by the cord. Now I am wondering if a plug/socket was missing from the box. Or did you rig something up? Please give us details and photo of that too...

Hey One Gear, what have you plugged the charging wand into on the RHS of the white beam just above the Tesla wallcharger? Mine just hangs droopily by the cord. Now I am wondering if a plug/socket was missing from the box. Or did you rig something up? Please give us details and photo of that too...
There wasn't anything missing from your box. Mine too hung droopily from the cord! But because I have a carport setup, I was a bit worried about water/dust. So I got hold of a 62196 mennekes type 2 dock/holder. If you google that, you'll find some vendors online. Unfortunately, the dock on the cable organiser provided by Tesla with the wall connector is made for the U.S. proprietary plug, not the mennekes type 2 plug. Picture below. It does the job in my setup, though the latch (see button at the top) doesn't work too well.

image.jpg

I am not sure that I can wait, a total lack of patience!!

P85D, metallic gray, pano, 21 wheels, new interior, executive seats, dual chargers, carbon fiber accents, autopilot, intelligent suspension, sound system, spoiler, etc. All up. Ordered 1 Dec 2014, delivery moved and moved again, now stands at September. Apparently a design fault with right hand drive and model D.

Only good news is drop in AUD, car now the same price (in USD) between California and Sydney

Aussie Yank,

As I posted before to Michael you realise that they are toying with you?

4. This will then be matched with all the driving information after delivery to develop an aggression profile and yield another data dimension.
5. And, of course, the speed limit data from the camera will be matched to your real speed and they will be able to develop a profile re: your propensity to ignore the law or, alternatively, add to their info about how to make you docile

They wont need to monetise this, the project has been funded already by Google to assist with developing Googles programme for eventual control of the world....the new world government is coming!

David