Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tech Package no more = no fog lights

I've just confirmed an order for a 70D (on 15.4.2015). Colour is deep blue metallic (one of the new colours). The only option is grey next gen seats. I will buy Autopilot after delivery (possibly the very next day if more features are working by then), as it saves $ 140 in LCT and stamp duty, despite the higher price. Stamp duty in WA is 6.5%.

Just a small correction for the spreadsheet. As the tech package no longer exists, fog/cornering lights and powered liftgate were put in the premium package (was premium interior package).

It is therefore incorrect that the spreadsheet lists my order as having fog lights. I'm not sure what "parking" refers to, so not sure if I have that.

Just a small correction for the spreadsheet. As the tech package no longer exists, fog/cornering lights and powered liftgate were put in the premium package (was premium interior package).

It is therefore incorrect that the spreadsheet lists my order as having fog lights. I'm not sure what "parking" refers to, so not sure if I have that.

Hi Marchino

Yes I will need to fix that. Problem is that a lot of the older orders are set up like that, so it's going to be a compromise.

I will take fog lights out of your entry. Parking refers to parking sensors, which you have as it's included now. Used to not be included believe it or not!

How did you manage to order the Security Package in Australia?

I didn't actually choose it, it popped up after I had paid the deposit ... listed under options.
My Tesla.png

Very interesting. Last year I actually enquired about this package when I placed my order, but was told that it was only available in Europe. I wonder if they're making it standard for everyone now.

Well if it becomes standard, there is a good chance (though I wouldn't bet on it) that when our old cars are finally produced, they will have it included.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw the executive seats in a tesla at the Sydney showroom, fantastic......very "lounge like"....they are heated, as well as have controls for the creature comforts....operated via the Iphone (or Android) App.....
Did you snap any photos? Upload them.

What is the security package? I also noticed it was included on my order.
Just a guess, but if its like the Volt, there are 2 small cameras 1 either side of the rear view mirror aimed at each front seat which seem to detect movement in the car. If I leave the car with the key, and the passenger moves then the alarm sounds. I make sure the passenger unlocks the car when I leave to prevent the alarm, there may be other methods to prevent the alarm, that's what we did.
I have no idea how the Model S has implemented the security feature.

Yep got caught by that one too. Left my parents (83+) in the car run into Subway for a portable lunch after hearing a car screaming its head off for quiet sometime and commenting to the guy beside me about what dick has car alarm going off with no reset etc etc.... Then my phone sparks up with security breach in your Model S. Needless to say I didn't comment further then hurried back to the car to see if the parents had died of a coronary....... Frightened the hell outta them.... Oops:biggrin: One of those "Feel like a dill " type moments.

Yep got caught by that one too. Left my parents (83+) in the car run into Subway for a portable lunch after hearing a car screaming its head off for quiet sometime and commenting to the guy beside me about what dick has car alarm going off with no reset etc etc.... Then my phone sparks up with security breach in your Model S. Needless to say I didn't comment further then hurried back to the car to see if the parents had died of a coronary....... Frightened the hell outta them.... Oops:biggrin: One of those "Feel like a dill " type moments.
Happened to me as well Keiron. With my devastated and embarrassed 14year old son in the car!

My Tesla is 3-4 weeks away now. It's hard to be patient!

Congratulations daiello - can't wait even to be in THAT position.... mine is expected in September! It's driving me NUTS... ain't got no VIN even...

But I am pleased that yours is on a ship. Fill us in on how the final transaction goes. Do you pay with a bank cheque on pickup? Have they locked in a day yet or how much notice do you get? I presume you are getting public transport to St Leonards...

Thanks Ztrekus! Much longer wait for your one even though you ordered slightly after me but your P85D will be extremely awesome though and i'm sure will be worth the wait ;) Great colour choice too. I was considering the 85D but it was only 0.2 seconds difference in acceleration and that would of been a wait to September too so I passed. I kinda regret it now since the difference is 1 full second and there is better management but at least i'll get my Tesla soon now!

So far, I have been annoying my poor delivery manager and getting as much information as I can. So I got the name of the ship from him and have been tracking it on my phone. It just left the port of Auckland and heading for melbourne, then up to sydney by weekend. After that it is 2-3 weeks to be in my garage in hills district sydney according to the delivery manager, they aren't able to give me an exact or estimated date yet.

The rest of the business I am just winging as I go. They have given me the charger and the final invoice and I have put my personalised plates in holding for them to pick up at Chatswood RMS. Tomorrow or the day after I might talk to Stratton/BMW Finance and see what they say I need to do on the day is. I have a friend, a fiancé and a parent going with me to pick up the car so they'll pick me up and take me :)

Revenge of the Electric car is highly recommended. Also, there is an ebook for sale from evannex by nick j howe all about Tesla's which is a great read. Will update with info on the final transaction.

Last edited by a moderator: