Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of confirmed Australian Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here the article my colleague sent me. I can't find it anymore and the domain name doesn't seem to point there which I find strange

screenshot_1028.jpg

My guess is that Tesla would have had to agree to install several superchargers around the CBD, before the Taxi company agreed to place a $7M +or- order.

I would also think that superchargers in Metro areas, would not really be used by private owners anyway, as they would much prefer to plug in at home?

Rather strange that they'd spend the extra on a Performance model for use as a taxi. Unlikely that their passengers would ever be in a position to experience the difference between that and a regular S85 and they can be fitted out identically in every other way that would matter. Of course, 'journalists' have been known to get details like that wrong, just occasionally..

If I recall correctly the Amsterdam model was to exchange a low charge car for a full one. Obviously this would have to at a depot to make it work.

I also can't imagine that a supercharger would not be installed at the depot - not sure how many km hire cars do a day but it would seem silly to save $10 on fuel and expend $20 of time getting to a public charger - assuming that time is valued by hire car drivers. The long waits of these drivers are near to passenger areas - not stuck in the carpark under Crown.

Screen shot of "The Tesla taxi" looks strange.

"www.smh.com" is non-existant.

Spelling error "supplid" under the photo.

I thought P85s are no longer produced. Some were brought into Australia as press fleet, probably less than 76 cars, and unlikely for Tesla to sell/lease all of them to Prestige Cabs.

Screen shot of "The Tesla taxi" looks strange.

"www.smh.com" is non-existant.

Spelling error "supplid" under the photo.

I thought P85s are no longer produced. Some were brought into Australia as press fleet, probably less than 76 cars, and unlikely for Tesla to sell/lease all of them to Prestige Cabs.

good point.

I also thought it was weird that they had P85s.

Finally, there is a typo in the caption under the photo - "supplid".

And I don't even know what supplying brake caliper means. The P85s all came with red calipers.

Hi guys, well that's what i'm thinking now. It reads suspicious to me.

I've looked everywhere for it again and found nothing. I looked into the domain name and it doesn't work anymore and goes somewhere else. I also talked to a couple of administrators at Prestige Cabs just to be sure and they don't know anything about it, they actually thought I was a representative for Tesla and kept asking me for my order number or something but said they don't know anything about it. Im sure they would be up to date with their own press releases.

I'm thinking it's fake and I'm glad it is. Don't want twin black teslas kicking us out of the superchargers!

Thanks Brewster I forgot about that but was not watching closely. Hopefully they put a Tesla Energy pack in the speed the charging, this is also why the need the battery swap working. Will be interesting to know how many Taxies are needed before they will start battery swap. Maybe Tesla will create a courier van in future to get even more demand for battery swapping. Lastly it would be good if they work on inductive or auto (snake) plug in at Taxi stands so the Taxis can charge whilst waiting for Fairs. At least we now know where to get a Tesla taxi!

Had a laugh this morning when I was reminded we are dealing with an American company, a country often parodied for its citizens USA centric view of the world. (baseball World Series (there is at least one Canadian team), NFL World Champions etc) An email about the pending confirmation of my order suggested ...
Questions?
Contact us at [email protected] or call +43 7 2011 5987.
Country code 43 is Austria. Now I love a good Wiener Schnitzel with a cold Weissbier but does this mean Tesla drivers will end up with a Tyrolean Alpine Hat wearing reputation like Volvo drives have with felt Fedoras.