Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Early locations countrywide for Model 3 viewing in store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Model 3 still in the Meatpacking district New York store, Im from UK but travelling to New York for a week and I'm a day 1 reservation holder, so I'm VERY keen to get to see the car, especially as it's likely 18-24 months away still for me :(

Any advice for best time to visit would be appreciated as well

Thanks

Saw that you were overseas so called that location for you. Yes, the car is still there. Midnight silver. They said no plans they are aware of to move it from there. Hope you enjoy your trip to the US and get to spend some time with the car. :D and stop back and let us know your impressions.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
Trying to keep One thread list together for where the car can be seen as there are many separate threads with photos, so at least people don't have to look through lots of threads and areas of the forum to see if it's near them.

Here's the New list of locations the car will be available to see in showrooms as of 10 am. today, Fri. 1/26:

San Diego
Dallas
Washington DC
Newport Beach (Fashion Island Mall) and
Scottsdale, AZ.

Already in:
Palo Alto/Stanford
Los Angeles/Century City
New York -- Manhattan's meatpacking district
Boston -- Boylston
Miami -- Aventura Mall

It will be available at the Columbus, OH store tomorrow (Thursday, March 8) as invite-only. Not sure if that means it'll be available to the general public Friday or not. I got the invite from Tesla on Monday.

tesla-model-3-event.jpg

Last edited:
Here on the West Coast the pattern was evening invite preview to a select group and then the Store opens the next day with the Model 3 available to the public. Be prepared for lines and if really crowded and on a weekend, 2-minutes in the car, until traffic dies down.

It will be available at the Columbus, OH store tomorrow (Thursday, March 8) as invite-only. Not sure if that means it'll be available to the general public Friday or not. I got the invite from Tesla on Monday.

Can you provide an update on vehicle after event? This is making assumption that you attend of course. Looking for general public availability. Have to go to Columbus within next month so would like to plan a stop there if possible.

Do anything special to get invitation? I would be unable to attend even if I had received however...

Can you provide an update on vehicle after event? This is making assumption that you attend of course. Looking for general public availability. Have to go to Columbus within next month so would like to plan a stop there if possible.

Do anything special to get invitation? I would be unable to attend even if I had received however...

Just got back from the event. The car will be available for the general public starting tomorrow. One of the reps said they'll have it on display "forever".

The event was different from what I've heard of past events. They had the store closed to the general public, but there was no line to get into the car. It was first come, first served. Plus there was no limit to how long you could sit in the car. I spent at least 10 minutes in the driver's seat. Even when it was busy, they weren't telling people to get out after any certain time.

The place was busy when I first got there, but died down a bit after an hour and a half (which is when I took the photo below).

They served light snacks, champagne, and water.

I'm not sure exactly how they chose who to invite. I'm a current Tesla owner and also an early reservation holder for the Model 3. It might be the combination of both, or just being one of the two.

tesla-model-3-event-columbus.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: sooner and PoitNarf
Just got back from the event. The car will be available for the general public starting tomorrow. One of the reps said they'll have it on display "forever".

The event was different from what I've heard of past events. They had the store closed to the general public, but there was no line to get into the car. It was first come, first served. Plus there was no limit to how long you could sit in the car. I spent at least 10 minutes in the driver's seat. Even when it was busy, they weren't telling people to get out after any certain time.

The place was busy when I first got there, but died down a bit after an hour and a half (which is when I took the photo below).

They served light snacks, champagne, and water.

I'm not sure exactly how they chose who to invite. I'm a current Tesla owner and also an early reservation holder for the Model 3. It might be the combination of both, or just being one of the two.

Much obliged.Will make my way there at some point soon.

I made the trip down to see the Midnight Silver Model 3 in the Adventura Mall this afternoon. It was my first time seeing a Model 3 in person. General impression is that it is pretty much like everything I’ve read online. It looks good, is a good size, and quite nice inside. The biggest impression on me is the screen. It is front and center and is the focus of everything in the car.

There were about three people inline ahead of me, and I had to wait about 15 minutes to see the car. One sales associate took me on a tour of the outside of the car while the person in front of me was in the car. Once he was done, it was my turn in the car, where another sales associate sat it he front passenger seat while I sat in the drivers seat. He gave me a quick tour through the screen and some of the features of the car. I got to ask whatever questions I wanted and play with the car as long as I wanted. I spent about five minutes inside the car, but I could have spent more time if I wanted. When I got out of the car, there were about three people in line behind me.

Overall, a good experience and I was happy to finally see the car in person.

Just came from the Tesla Store in Walnut Creek (California). The red Model 3 is still there, and by now the crowds have died down enough so that they don't need to do the line, two-minute limit in the car, etc. I suspect it's been this way for awhile now. They also have an S and an X, so it feels a little crowded.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
I was at the Lennox Mall store in Atlanta, yesterday with my wife. We were there for a little over an hour and the M3, had a constant stream of people in and out of the car. Just a couple minute wait at most to sit in it.

It was the final push my wife needed to get over the black interior, she really wanted the cream color, so she pushed the order button upon arriving home. She was very excited when we left the store, and being able to sit it and and play with all the features was a big plus. Peter A.

Saw that you were overseas so called that location for you. Yes, the car is still there. Midnight silver. They said no plans they are aware of to move it from there. Hope you enjoy your trip to the US and get to spend some time with the car. :D and stop back and let us know your impressions.

Well wow ! The 3 is a stunning car, the interior is beautiful ( although seat to floor height is low resulting in bent legs for rear passengers, not huge problem but bit overly comfortable. )

Exterior is stunning , far better in the flesh than in photos , midnight grey is nice but would love to have seen other colours too, interestingly I saw a public model 3 parked up on Lennox avenue while I was on a bus , aero wheels and midnight grey as well.

Roberto from Tesla was a great host and there was no wait to see the car.

Live streamed part of the visit for nievo members back home too :)

Now wonder is there any owners in New York interested in taking me out for a little spin in heir model 3 ? ;)

It’s sad it’s at least 18months away for me still ... at least.

Thanks

Reactions: SMAlset
The Corte Madera, CA store just got in a display Model 3 in red (received email announcement yesterday). VIN 3552. Only a couple of people ahead of me waiting to sit in car. This was just before 5pm today.

First time seeing one up close and personal. We were only allowed 5 minutes inside the car. As others have said, the car is stunning in person. My wife and I found the rear seats to be very comfortable. I also tested running the fan at full blast and it didn't seem any louder than on our existing cars. This car has the rear seat heaters enabled.

Update on the Palo Alto - Stanford Shopping Center location: yesterday the Midnight Silver Model 3 showroom car that was there for several weeks in January and February was no longer there.

And there was no Model 3 in the showroom at the Palo Alto location on El Camino (don’t think they have ever had one there).

Plan to be in SF today, and as I have never been in the Tesla showroom there, will stop in and check it out. Supposedly there is a Model 3 there. I’m thinking it may be the one that was at the Stanford Shopping Center showroom.

Probably there are a very limited number of Model 3 showroom cars and Tesla is moving them around the country.

Last edited:
The red Model 3 in the Walnut Creek, CA store has been moved out. I heard a rep said it'll be back in a few weeks (didn't ask why, I was eavesdropping on a conversation she was having with another customer).

Bruce.

PS. On the other hand all of the showroom and demo cars at this location have the newer Intel-based MCU, for people interested in such things.

The red Model 3 in the Walnut Creek, CA store has been moved out. I heard a rep said it'll be back in a few weeks (didn't ask why, I was eavesdropping on a conversation she was having with another customer).

Bruce.

PS. On the other hand all of the showroom and demo cars at this location have the newer Intel-based MCU, for people interested in such things.
I wonder if it was moved to Corte Madera? A red one showed up there last Friday.