Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Seattle Area Hotels with EV charging stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a road trip to Seattle in July and will be staying in the area for a week. I would prefer to stay at a hotel with charging capability. Does anyone have a list or suggestions on where the information might be found?

The Plugshare app has a hotel filter now. I think there are only three hotels in the downtown area. There is one Tesla owner who provides a 70A J1772 station outside his house. This is also listed on Plugshare but isn't right downtown.

Here is one:
Hotel Amenities List | Alexis Hotel in Seattle

Alexis Hotel Seattle, WA | CarStations

I just called them and confirmed they have charging for electric cars. I didn't get into more detail other than the cost is included in the hotel stay. They say there is a 50% discount for overnight valet parking from the already low rate of $42/night=) I'd assume the Model S would apply but isn't exactly a hybrid so might want to ask about that. I would also assume they are Blink or some other kind of J1772 charger so when you call, ask them to find out what kind of charger it is, if they have the cards to use them and the last time anyone successfully used them. i've been to a hotel with a Blink station and they had never even bothered to activate their cards so I couldn't use it until the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't call to confirm any of these but it sounds like getting a Blink and Chargepoint cards (if you already don't have them) is a good idea anyway. Plenty of parking decks in Seattle with charging if a hotel doesn't work out for you.

Another one:
PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!

- - - Updated - - -

Downtown Seattle Luxury Hotels | Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, WA

- - - Updated - - -

Downtown Seattle Washington Luxury Hotel | W Seattle Hotel

I would suggest staying at the Inn at Virginia Mason (a med center) or the nearby Hotel Serrento on Madison at Terry (both are said to have good food), just uphill from the freeway as it goes through downtown. I live in the neighborhood. The parking lot between them has maybe six charging stations of the usual public variety. You can always stop in the Tesla Service Center at 1045 6th Ave S for a HPWC, just 10 minutes south.

Thank you for the recommendations. I do plan to charge at least once at the Tesla SC or at the Store (by appointment). But I am hoping to charge overnight at least part of the time and will be checking out your Hotel suggestions. I know I will need charging as many of my Seattle friends are looking forward to WOW rides.
Cheers,

Call the Westlake Seattle store to schedule a charge (if they do that so call). Maybe you can arrange a lunch with your friends who want a drive. They can visit the store and ask questions and see paint samples. Then when done with test drives they have a few 70A chargers to use.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest staying at the Inn at Virginia Mason (a med center) or the nearby Hotel Serrento on Madison at Terry (both are said to have good food), just uphill from the freeway as it goes through downtown. I live in the neighborhood. The parking lot between them has maybe six charging stations of the usual public variety. You can always stop in the Tesla Service Center at 1045 6th Ave S for a HPWC, just 10 minutes south.

I might edit the first post or turn this into a wiki. Do both of those hotels have charging for overnight guests?

I stayed at the Alexis just a year ago this month. It is pricey and we had never stayed at a Kimpton hotel, but we chose it for the charging. It turns out their Blink charger was, typically, on the blink. They took the car up the hill to their sister hotel the Monaco and charged it. Sadly, they rubbed the wrap on the front bumper against the wall in the parking area and the wrap had to be replaced. There remains a small scuff through the paint which we wrapped over but did not repaint. I did not have experience with valet parking at the time and did not realize I should have done a thorough walk-around like at a car rental so I didn't notice the damage until two days later. I am absolutely sure they did it though because we were not near anything that could have caused the damage in the two day interval. I saw the parking area under the hotels and it is super tight. I would not stay there again in spite of the fact that everything else about the stay was top notch.

There are lots of places to charge around seattle. Of course its super convenient to charge up at your hotel and not have to think about it. Plugshare.com says the westin in seattle has j1772. I have stayed at the westin's in Vancouver BC and Victoria, partly because they had j1772 chargers and didn't charge me for parking as it was an electric car. I believe all westin's have j1772.

Edit:
Just saw this thread that also describes the new feature at plugshare.com to search for hotels with ev charging.

Last edited:
I may have posted this elsewhere, but I parked at Pacific Place. They have reasonable rates for the weekend and have 7 ChargePoints there that are just $2 per session. It's near the convention center and there are many hotels within a few blocks of walking distance. Only drawback is you can't get to the car during certain hours late at night.

I'm really looking forward to that planned Seattle Supercharger. Normally I don't think they are needed for destination charging but when they are there, it does make planning simpler!

Just so everyone sees this, the second post is now a Wiki. Thanks doug!

Please update this thread to make it useful for people visiting. Make sure you include things like cost, if valet service is mandated to use it and if so how much, standard (J1772 most likely) and how many kW you get.