Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki List of Strollers that Fit in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A recent change to the frunk dimensions means that the frunk is now "shorter" as measured from front-to-back. According to Tesla's frunk mat page, this change occurred starting with VIN P21270. We're still waiting on word about how much is space is lost. This might not impact the current list of strollers, but I will try to find out and update the table if necessary.

Oh, interesting! Any word (or speculation) on why the change?

The Orbit Baby G2 also fits in the frunk, albeit snugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, bad link. Here's the actual photo.
1397631_10151600095537242_1891109486_o.jpg

Oh, interesting! Any word (or speculation) on why the change?

Someone mentioned that someone at the Fremont service center said that the DC to DC converter has been relocate and the change reduced the frunk depth. It's discussed here.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, bad link. Here's the actual photo.

Awesome! Thanks for your contribution! It doesn't look like the new frunk size will be a problem for the G2.

Last edited:
Our method of fitting the Orbit G2 stroller is different than kschramm's method, but works for us. Even if you have the shallower deep cubby on the newer VINs, it should still fit perpendicularly, as the new frunk is reportedly only 3" more shallow http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24387-Tesla-Frunk-mat-doesn-t-fit/page3. By my measurements (see attached picture) you have 5" of space with the older frunk. This should still leave 2" of space on the new frunk.

kschramm's method should leave lots of room in the deep cubby that one can use and probably is easier on the back. The perpendicular method is probably harder on the back due to the longer effective lever arm, but leaves some space on the side in the deep cubby and in the main frunk area.
IMAG1213.jpg
IMAG1211.jpg

Our method of fitting the Orbit G2 stroller is different than kschramm's method, but works for us. Even if you have the shallower deep cubby on the newer VINs, it should still fit perpendicularly, as the new frunk is reportedly only 3" more shallow http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24387-Tesla-Frunk-mat-doesn-t-fit/page3. By my measurements (see attached picture) you have 5" of space with the older frunk. This should still leave 2" of space on the new frunk.

kschramm's method should leave lots of room in the deep cubby that one can use and probably is easier on the back. The perpendicular method is probably harder on the back due to the longer effective lever arm, but leaves some space on the side in the deep cubby and in the main frunk area.

Thanks for the info! I've added your photo to the table. Is that partially disassembled?

Thanks for the info! I've added your photo to the table. Is that partially disassembled?

I slid out the cargo pod diaper bag out from under the bottom and placed it next to the stroller; it's designed to slide out (doesn't open without sliding it out). The stroller closes with it in place, but I find it a bit annoying as it kind of gets in the way. Without sliding out the pod, it won't fit in the frunk perpendicularly like that.

One other thing to add to the comments. If you also get the toddler stroller seat, it won't fit in the frunk the way we put it in. Haven't tried it kschramm's way, but I suspect the todder stroller seat is too bulky to fit in the frunk with the stroller. On the other hand, the seat does fit in the trunk WITH a BOB Evolution right next to it, but that ends up taking a heck of a lot of trunk space!

Last edited:
The Bugaboo Bee fits like it was designed to go in here. This is a late November '13 build car, so I believe I have the smaller frunk.

Britax B-Nimble fits perfectly in the original size frunk. It might fit in the new spec one too, but it will be close.

And I never did update long back - the Britax B-Agile Double definitely won't fit.

Thanks for your contributions! I've updated the table.

@ken830, thanks for this great thread. I needed an off-road 3-wheeler SUV-type stroller with adjustable suspension and thanks to this thread, found that the BOB Revolution SE fit the bill. Also can confirm what @KOL2000 says and all wheels can stay on. Here's the photo proof. Fits perfectly in the 'vintage' frunk with all wheels on, and doesn't even touch the hood soundproof liner when closed. Based on measurements, however, I don't believe it will fit in the new shorter frunk, although maybe it could with wheels removed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387054377.819218.jpg

@ken830, thanks for this great thread. I needed an off-road 3-wheeler SUV-type stroller with adjustable suspension and thanks to this thread, found that the BOB Revolution SE fit the bill. Also can confirm what @KOL2000 says and all wheels can stay on. Here's the photo proof. Fits perfectly in the 'vintage' frunk with all wheels on, and doesn't even touch the hood soundproof liner when closed. Based on measurements, however, I don't believe it will fit in the new shorter frunk, although maybe it could with wheels removed.

Good info and great photo! Thank you! I've updated the table.

With great surprise our double guzzie+guss Hornby Double Stroller (G+G 125) fits in the shorter frunk.

I will post a folded in frunk picture later as I don't have one right now. You need to remove the 3 front wheels but they are super easy to remove.

Thanks! I've updated the table. When you get a chance to get the photo, I'll include it too.