Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki List of Strollers that Fit in Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update, but I have one of the newer MS with the smaller microwave in the frunk. Just checked, & my Baby Jogger City Select fits with wheels & seat detached. Takes about 30 seconds to reassemble.

stroller1_zps6c98e3a0.jpg

stroller2_zpsbd290477.jpg

stroller3_zpsd179b62d.jpg

Even with the front wheel, the folded thickness measurement in the diagram is only 14" The hinge-end of the stroller is more than 2" narrower. As long as that end can fit inside the "microwave" cubby, then you probably won't even need to remove the front wheel. If no one has first-hand information, you can just go to almost any retailer and ask to try it out. Then post here, so I can update the table.

The hinge end should fit in the microwave, but I thought the height of the frunk was less than 14". I don't have the car (yet), so all is still in a planning-stage.

The microwave is 12" high, so the frunk height just outside the microwave is definitely more than 14" and tapers down towards the front of the vehicle. I can get some more measurements tonight. All previous forum posts I've found about the frunk dimensions are missing the height information.

The microwave is 12" high, so the frunk height just outside the microwave is definitely more than 14" and tapers down towards the front of the vehicle. I can get some more measurements tonight. All previous forum posts I've found about the frunk dimensions are missing the height information.

This image I downloaded a while ago from another owner has served me well (original frunk).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397097518.596765.jpg

Thanks. I have seen that image before, and even printed it out, but it does not show the height of the rest of the frunk, only the "microwave". It looks like the rest is quite a bit higher, but the actual measurements would be great.

Sorry, I forgot to take measurements yesterday. I just did it tonight. Just in front of the "microwave" opening, the height is 16". It tapers (mostly-linearly) towards the front of the frunk. Near the front, the height is approximately 10". Keep in mind that the front wall of the frunk is not vertical. The 10" measurement is taken 21" in front of the "microwave" opening. Hope this helps! But from a numbers analysis, it looks like the stroller will fit no problem.

Just had an opportunity to test today (did a test drive before we finally decided to order the car), and I can confirm that the City Elite fits nicely in the frunk, even without removing the wheels.