Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of v9 bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One year passed since the introduction of the v9 firmware. It introduced a lot of bugs and glitches, which were never fixed in the following updates. The quality level is totally unacceptable for a car in that price range, and would even not be acceptable for an economy car.

Please post your bug/glitches pictures, video and sound recordings here, so that we can bring a thick file to the service center. It feels like nobody at Tesla is addressing the issue. This is for bugs and glitches only, not for missing or removed features. Don't forget to add the firmware version and MCU version (or car delivery date if you don't know the MCU type).

Starting the car this morning, here is what the PIN entry popup window looks like.

A good day with a Tesla always begins with a reboot.

03/2018 MS100D / MCU1 / FW 2019.12.1.1

2019-06-26 12-14-45-1.JPG

Last edited:
Nice one : control panel locked on the quick controls, tabs on the left had no effect. As you can see on the screenshot, the security tab is selected, but the quick control tab is shown. (Sorry, French version).
I had to reboot for accessing to air suspension page.

Attachments

• 341E4662-7EE4-47FC-B9CB-ECC528C00936.jpeg
    341E4662-7EE4-47FC-B9CB-ECC528C00936.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 59
Another nice one today all windows were working very poorly, opening or closing by 0-10cm only and stopping, so fully opening a window required several attempts. Rebooted the MCU, and everything went back... So the MCU can also make windows buggy.

Don’t know if this is a bug, but I can’t access to the cabin overheat protection anymore. Alarm is disabled, but overheat protection is always greyed out. If this is not a bug then some behavior changed some times ago.

Attachments

• 02E34AAA-2D0B-40BD-A62D-E37BFFF71937.jpeg
    02E34AAA-2D0B-40BD-A62D-E37BFFF71937.jpeg
    375.4 KB · Views: 61
I also see your interface is all French! That has to be another bug. :p
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

More seriously, my MCU1 is turning me mad these days. Are MCU2s that much bugged? I don’t care about lags but these ugly bugs even make me thinking about switching to a raven... I’m a software engineer with OCD for perfect user interfaces and I have a heart attack each time I use the touch screen.

The car is so awesome otherwise... Ruining the perfectness with a shitty software UI is such a shame.

The v8 has less features but it was stable. I remember the wow effect each time I brought people in the car. The other day two relatives went in my car for the very first time in a Tesla. I had to reboot before being able to start the car (after waiting 3 minutes with “systems are starting”) and then we had audio glitches every 30s on Spotify. I’m not sure they will purchase a Tesla after this experience...

Last edited:
This is one of the main reasons I DO NOT use PIN to drive feature.

It places a dependency on the console UI to be functioning in order to drive the car.

And we know the UI is undependable.

It really neuters the car.

I really wish it was possible to control HVAC (all features) outside of the UI. That way... even if I had chronic black screen... I could drive the car safely in any weather, for as many trips as needed until I could get the screen looked at / replaced. I could live without everything else on the UI for a long time, it's not needed. But can't say the same for driving with a frosted up windshield.

Today, I was on the highway for about two hours, then suddenly, car sounds (turn light ticks, autopilot beeps and warnings, etc...) stopped working. I rebooted, and they came back.
So even a safety feature such has driving sounds and warnings is dependent on MCU. And bugged.