Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List what you LIKE/DISLIKE about Model 3 Prototype - Please share your opinions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LIKE: It's a freaking affordable long-range electric vehicle!!! This is what I crave and what the world needs.
DISLIKE: I don't want to be constantly annoyed by having to look to the right to see how fast I'm going.
DISLIKE: PLEASE make it a hatchback or release the mythical Model Y crossover at the same time! Don't create a car with awesome cargo space and then make it unusable!!!

LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE : Astonishing beautiful body shape! Wow!

DISLIKE - DISLIKE - DISLIKE- DISLIKE: Form "before" function: (curved back windows vs. trunk opening).

Note: Elon Musk mentioned that, while making the Model 3 aerodynamic as much as possible,
passenger comfort was the top concern by providing maximum head room (glass roof) and
legs room (no 'firewall' allowing a more advanced position). So I guess, I would like to add:

LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE - LIKE . Passenger comfort (head room and legs room)

Certainly the most beautiful car for this class category, out passing by a large amount many other car technically..

However I'm not sold because I need a car with a little more practical trunk.
I just wanted a Model S which was a little bit smaller (size and price.)

• Disagree
Reactions: Quant
My likes/dislikes are like others:

• Adult headroom for rear seats
  • LED headlights
  • Front end (EXCEPT Blunt nose)
  • Like the Landscape 15" Touchscreen
  • Autopilot sensors & safety functions standard
  • SC standard
  • Glass roof (except is it excludes hatch)
  • Acceleration & AWD
DISLIKES:
  • Blunt nose, needs some styling
  • small trunk access (yes hatch would have been better) (no mail carrier is going to load up an M3 like Tesla shows in the MS video)
  • Needs speedo, and AP displayed in the "line of site" dash or HUD.
  • <240 mile range on base model
  • No steering wheel controls
  • Glass roof may be too hot in summer
Overall I give it a B+, but could still be an A before it goes into production.

Agree with all.
And will the display be adjustable?

Don't care too much about the liftback. I don't need 2 cars with liftback - big stuff will go in the Model S.

We need a HUD - I think it would be great for AP info and speed of course. I can't imagine the AP info on a center screen.

If the floating screen saves a lot of cost, I'm okay with it.

DISLIKE

Dash - there is not nearly enough "stuff". I love stats, I love to be informed as much as possible, especially when doing something inherently dangerous such as driving.

This is a problem. The dash is TOO minimalistic to the point of being dangerous. There is no way you can fit all the necessary instrumentation as well as nav and autopilot on that screen without burying it in menu upon menu. Not to mention it will be wayyyy over there to the right.

It's a damn good thing Tesla touts this as a car that drives itself, because it will definitely have to, considering the amount of time people will spend not looking at the road.

Like everything except:

1. No center display. Needs a center display for battery status, speed and maybe nav. It's a lot more convenient to glance down than it is to glance to the side.
  2. The trunk. Will be harder to put bikes and dogs in the back. Make it a lift back like the s
  3. The center console looks massive. Looks like it eats some legroom Really like all the extra space my i3 has.
  4. Floating touchscreen. Like it integrated into the dash.

• It's a 200+ mile Tesla EV starting at $35k!
  • Short front overhang
  • Seats 5 people
  • Huge center screen
Dislikes:
  • Center screen is in Landscape orientation instead of Portrait. This makes 2 virtual landscape center stack screens like the Model S impossible.
  • Center screen is not integrated in the dash. This could change with production.
  • Small trunk opening

I like almost everything about it.
Love the floating console display. The future is here.
Love the matte silver/gray paint.
Love the overall styling (inside and out).
Love electric drivetrain and range.
Love the price point!

Dislikes
  • Blunt nose (which is easily addressable if they want to: see all photoshopped proposals)

I do think offering a HUD as an option will satisfy the main concerns people have with lack of an instrument cluster.

All that said, I'm not buying one. I still want an updated S.