Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Listen to Podcasts?

If you listen to podcasts in your Tesla, what do you use?

• Spotify

• Tunein

• Bluetooth wireless from phone's podcast app

• Aux Input

• Other solution for playing podcasts

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to agree with @BrianDunning - I have car play in 2 other cars and Tesla's lack of CarPlay support was almost a dealbreaker for me. I talked to a friend that had a Tesla and he said TuneIN and Spotify worked well, but I beg to differ. As others have said, TuneIn is a dog. I already subscribe to Apple music and have downloaded music and playlists on my phone, so spotify isn't helpful for me.

The other issue is Minnesota, like many states, has a hands-free law, so picking up your phone to find and play a podcast is illegal. The very least Tesla could do is let you access play lists via bluetooth. I love my Model Y, but Tesla's connectivity is an embarrassment!

Any updates on this? The Spotify integration is atrocious in you can’t search and play newest episodes. I canceled Spotify and switched to Apple One instead ans am just having to Bluetooth. I know it isn’t happening but Tesla NEEDs CarPlay support as it blows the Tesla UI away for media at least

Any updates on this? The Spotify integration is atrocious in you can’t search and play newest episodes. I canceled Spotify and switched to Apple One instead ans am just having to Bluetooth. I know it isn’t happening but Tesla NEEDs CarPlay support as it blows the Tesla UI away for media at least
I saw some reports of a guy in Poland (maybe on TikTok?) who had patched together something using the web browser and a raspberry pi as an intermediary. Sounded like it was still a bit rough but it was at least hopeful.

Edit: Here's a link Tesla refuses to adopt CarPlay, but this developer has a workaround

I drive other cars, all of which I’ve installed CarPlay decks if they didn’t already have it. The ability to have my podcast list move with me from car to car, with the playhead position stored for each, is what made me fall in love with CarPlay. I’ll be honest: the loss of this feature made me think twice about getting a Tesla.

Hi there! Skeptoid is in my podcast playlist and my wife and I enjoy it a lot!

We’re picking up our Model 3 later today. We have CarPlay in our Honda Clarity, and will miss it in the Tesla. As an aside I use the Downcast app on my iPhone 12 and it works well. I guess for now I’ll just have to stream from my phone - like an animal!

I drive other cars, all of which I’ve installed CarPlay decks if they didn’t already have it. The ability to have my podcast list move with me from car to car, with the playhead position stored for each, is what made me fall in love with CarPlay. I’ll be honest: the loss of this feature made me think twice about getting a Tesla.

The workaround, obviously, is to manually use the podcast app on my phone, which requires picking it up to select what I want to hear — which is illegal in my state.
I think CarPlay ought to be included too. I now have a Y, but this is an irritation + lack of voice command when "out of connectivity"