Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Listing your Tesla HPWC on Plugshare

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off, new here, not sure if I should be posting elsewhere, if I should, apologies.

I'm curious, has anyone listed their Tesla or any other branded Wall Charger on Plugshare or similar app more for emergencies and someone needs a top-up? If so, how have you found the experience? What rules do you have in place?

I've got a Gen 3 Tesla Wall Charger on 32amp Single Phase, so 7KW, but I've a 12KW solar array so even in winter, I'm usually charging 100% from the sun and always happy to help a fellow Tesla or any EV owner but if it's a hassle, I'll forget about it.

Cheers!

I'm in the United States, buy I have my house listed on PlugShare. In five years, I've had one person stop by twice to charge her Fiat 500e while visiting one of our neighbors. I'm on time-of-use rates, so my rule is evenings and weekends only.

I'm in the United States, buy I have my house listed on PlugShare. In five years, I've had one person stop by twice to charge her Fiat 500e while visiting one of our neighbors. I'm on time-of-use rates, so my rule is evenings and weekends only.
Interesting. I'm on time-of-use too and on an EV plan so midday to 2pm on Sat and Sun, all power usage is free then add in the solar. Might add it and have some rules and see how it goes. Can always remove it if need be :)

Thanks Big Earl!

I too am curious about others’ experience listing a private wall connector on plugshare and located in Canada. On a road trip to visit my inlaws and found public charging nearby but would be curious if sharing your plug can become a liability or nuisance.

Not that Plugshares Messaging system has been down for some time (after abuse), so ideally you'd want to add mobile number, as well as any clear rules around when available.

Personally would treated it as a charge of last resort, and would really only think it's useful if youre in a fairly remote area.

By default I have home and any sub Type 2 points turned off.

I've got mine listed on Plugshare for use in emergencies. I live in a medium-sized regional town without public charging, but it is <1 hr to Melbourne with ample chargers. 1.5 years and never had a request to use my charger.

Looking on Plugshare, there are 3 others in my town who also list theirs. Perhaps they have had requests.

Reactions: johnchidgey