Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little Chef and Chargemaster installing UK national charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That reminded me, I took a pic.

lc2.jpg
lc1.jpg

Regarding that, I walked into the one at Popham, they gave me a form, and handed me a card which worked both there and at the other one I took pics of above.

Incidentally I've just found out that that one pictured above has already been taken away *sob*, because the restaurant is closing.

I've just spoken to someone at Chargemaster who offered the following about where points actually are:

I’m afraid we are a little in the dark too, it’s SSE who are doing the installs and they don’t update us or Little Chef. According to our records, you were charging at the SSE Depot!!

Here is the list I have:-
Little Chef Builth Wells, Station Road, Builth Wells LD2 3SS
Little Chef Honiton, A30, Honiton EX14 9QQ
Little Chef Winterbourne Abbas, Winterbourne Abbas, Dorchester DT2 9LU
Little Chef Weston on the Green, A34 South, Bicester OX25 3QQ
Little Chef Weston on the Green, A34 North, Bicester OX25 3QQ
Little Chef Bicester, A41/A421 Bicester Bypass, Bicester OX26 1BT
Little Chef Chippenham, Par Drive, Chippenham SN14 6UY
Little Chef Ripley, A3 Ripley, Guildford GU23 6PU
Little Chef Fontwell, Arundel Road A27, Fontwell BN18 0SB
Little Chef West Knoyle, Willoughby Hedge, West Knoyle, Warminster BA12 6AQ
Little Chef Chicklade, A303 Chicklade near Hindon SP3 5ST
Little Chef Popham, A303 Micheldever near Winchester SO21 3SP
Little Chef Royston, A505 Great North Road, Royston SG8 9NT

I passed Fontwell last night and one of the outlets was showing red (out of use), the other blue (ok).

I then tried to charge at Chicklade this afternoon, but pulled in to find this:

Au4DTdWCMAIicaw.jpg:large

I went in to the restaurant and told the staff. A lady then asked customers who was parked there and the Nissan X-Trail driver got up but was clearly in a huff. At this point a guy paying said he was next to it and was leaving. I thought it was the Mondeo in shot, but it was another to the right.

So I pulled into the space and went back inside. The staff thought the post was broken but I said it looked ok to me. As the posts are supposed to be free of charge to use until the end of the year, I asked for the smartcard. Eventually I was given an envelope containing this.

I was told I could register over the internet, but at this point I thought "b****cks to this" and drove off. All this hassle for probably about 6 miles of charge. What a farce.

This was the second time this week I've had smartcard hassle. I was going to use Pod Point posts at Gatwick Airport but they are not yet pay-as-you-go and they couldn't remote activate it. When I got back to the airport last night, I had a look at the posts and they appeard to be turned off anyway!

I'm so glad I bought an EV with a back-up generator.