Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little niggles after collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally collected the M3 on Saturday from Dartford. Good experience, was quite busy but whole process was not rushed.

Checked over the car there and then and seemed ok but in my excitement to get going missed some nicks on the interior trim. I also noticed that around the front door bolts that the pain was lacking a bit. There was also some silver tape sticking g out of the trim along the cill on the drivers side, which seems just poor assembly.

Anyone have any experience about resolving these type of things. I have booked a service centre appointment but lack of a person to speak to an explain does feel a bit uncertain how effectively these things will be fixed. Trim bits need replacing.

Car itself is a revelation though!

I finally collected the M3 on Saturday from Dartford. Good experience, was quite busy but whole process was not rushed.

Checked over the car there and then and seemed ok but in my excitement to get going missed some nicks on the interior trim. I also noticed that around the front door bolts that the pain was lacking a bit. There was also some silver tape sticking g out of the trim along the cill on the drivers side, which seems just poor assembly.

Anyone have any experience about resolving these type of things. I have booked a service centre appointment but lack of a person to speak to an explain does feel a bit uncertain how effectively these things will be fixed. Trim bits need replacing.

Car itself is a revelation though!
All you can do is to book a convenient service appointment through the app, and make sure you list all the defects one per line.

After doing this I then got an email from a service rep confirming the appointment, courtesy car etc., so that would be the time to open up any dialogue by email.

Glad you like the car :)

Autowipers are still pretty beta TBH, turns out solving this with a neural network was harder then navigating a motorway.

I’ve got a solid list of post delivery things to be fixed (I picked up my M3P yesterday from west Drayton). Made an appointment and listed them out...

Both from my own experience (prev has a model s) and from others Tesla are pretty good at resolving these post delivery niggles providing you set up the appointment promptly.

Reactions: Roy W.
I cant get wipers to work on automatic atm and my Spotify just suddenly stopped working yesterday and just keeps "loading"!
The autowipers do seem a bit dodgy. It works, but usually doesn't wipe quickly enough for me, and particularly in drizzle the screen will become completely opaque unless I press the stalk for a single wipe, or set the wiper speed manually.

I've also turned off the auto main beam. It seems to love having the main beam on, much to the annoyance of oncoming drivers or cars that I'm following.

On the Kona electric I have to say that both of those automatic systems worked flawlessly. Just a shame about the rest of the car :rolleyes:

I've discovered over the weekend that my rear passenger side door is collecting water... When I open it after sustained rain, it's like I've tipped over a bucket - just gushes out.

Also the ghosting on the windscreen is terrible, is anyone else finding that? I'm seeing two of everything, bikes look like cars and cars look like lorries at night when you can only see lights. At least it's not the other way around...

Other than that, absolutely quality bit of kit. My biggest challenge will be keeping my mileage below my lease limit!

Yep seems to be an issue when out of signal and then doesn't come back for a long time after you have signal, a reboot holding both buttons down seemed to help

The way,which isn’t as dramatic as a reboot and works more often that not, is to hit the button to switch to radio. Wait a second or two and switch back to Spotify.

It’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to the last year or so it’s pretty faultless :confused:

Talking of reboots, I had my first spontaneous one while driving yesterday. Slightly unnerving when everything goes black and you’re not expecting it :confused:

How often does that seem to happen for other folk? That was my first in 2k miles.

Talking of reboots, I had my first spontaneous one while driving yesterday. Slightly unnerving when everything goes black and you’re not expecting it :confused:

How often does that seem to happen for other folk? That was my first in 2k miles.

In 2.5 years I reckon two or three times. Not recently, but usually when I’ve lost the plot with Spotify and kept jabbing the button whilst cursin’ o_O

• Funny
I cant get wipers to work on automatic atm and my Spotify just suddenly stopped working yesterday and just keeps "loading"!
I solved the Spotify issue by rebooting the screen. Automatic wipers still have still not functioned yet.

Next problem is the sticky 20" tyres that now distribute my gravel driveway over the pavement and road. Not sure that this is solvable bar rubbing talcum powder over the tyres when I park up or relaying the driveway. If its not one thing! :rolleyes:

• Funny