Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little red dot showing on the display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today a little red dot that is being displayed on the speed limit sign on the display. I'm almost certain this has not appeared previously, but who knows. Last week 2020.12.5 was downloaded. A JPEG is attached. This dot is not part of the speed limit icon as when there is no speed limit icon visible, the.still appears.

Attachments

• display red dot.jpg
    display red dot.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 542
I noticed today a little red dot that is being displayed on the speed limit sign on the display. I'm almost certain this has not appeared previously, but who knows. Last week 2020.12.5 was downloaded. A JPEG is attached. This dot is not part of the speed limit icon as when there is no speed limit icon visible, the.still appears.
I have 12.5 as well. I first noticed the red dot that you mentioned when it was warning me about an upcoming red light. It didn’t go away even after 30 minutes of the car being off. I reset the driver’s screen by holding the 2 buttons above the scroll wheel for 10 seconds. So far, so good.

The dot appeared to me yesterday for the first time after downloading 2020.12.5 recently. I was in FSD mode, approaching a congested intersection around a turn. There was a traffic light, but it was green. There was no problem as I approached, but there was an audio warning and a big red steering wheel appeared in the middle of the display, as if some danger were imminent.

At that point, the red dot appeared in the speed limit sign. The dot remained, even when in a parking lot where the speed limit sign went away, and remained on for a half hour or so. Finally, the two-button computer reset got rid of it.

interesting,
I have HW 2.5 with EAP and today I was driving and I let my car go through a yellow light which then turned red as I was going through the intersection. When the light turned red, I saw a red traffic light on the display and had a couple of warnings go off to take control of the car and I then floored it. BTW, the car did not try to slow dow or stop, just warning chimes.

Reactions: Gt1948
interesting,
I have HW 2.5 with EAP and today I was driving and I let my car go through a yellow light which then turned red as I was going through the intersection. When the light turned red, I saw a red traffic light on the display and had a couple of warnings go off to take control of the car and I then floored it. BTW, the car did not try to slow dow or stop, just warning chimes.

This just happened to me when I may have hit the accelerator at a stale yellow light while in NOA. Maybe coincidentally, the NOA is not making lane changes. I think Elon is punishing for unsafe driving.