Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Little weird thing happened today......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
8C70A168-8990-4F95-87E8-EBFE5359273B.jpeg 79CC7B2B-8921-4DF2-97E6-A92637D56FA5.jpeg 4E4C0643-46C6-424E-AE9D-6E03ED5A0653.jpeg 64E6D86E-D32F-4F40-9876-41A36DB7D7D4.jpeg 40CFF01C-AA02-4C1D-A60E-9A88A47B3F10.jpeg 9334E364-7E2E-40A5-9A45-A9893B75236C.jpeg
So there I am driving to work in the morning, when after I get about halfway there I click my wiper button to do a single pass as I have done a few times before. The arm swings up, and the end of its swing my driver side wiper blade goes *wheeeeee*, flying off the arm never to be seen again.

Ready for the puzzle? The mounting points for the blade are all intact on the washer nozzle head at the end of the wiper arm. I am honestly at a loss for how my blade came off with no damage done to those mounting points.

Since the nearest Tesla service center is about 18-20 hours drive, I can’t get it serviced easily, so I hit up NAPA, and they can’t find anything that’d fit. After that, I try my luck at a local Mercedes dealer and get a partial solution. They can’t mount a blade onto the washer nozzle, and the nozzle can’t be removed, so they unlatch the washer nozzle, mount a standard wiper blade and zip tie the washer nozzle to the wiper arm. It’s ugly, but it works, at a cost of $80. -.-

Weird huh?

As a follow up, you can get wipers that will fit a Model X from NAPA, I just had the bad luck of not knowing how to release the washer jet from the wiper arm. You’ll need to find a way to secure the washer jet to the arm with those blades on, but it’ll get you driving at least.

I could not find the brand name. It just says 'POM'. There is a little pipe connector.
20180120_151020.jpg

My wipers were replaced in August by the SC as they did not have it in stock at my first annual service.
They replaced it again yesterday during my second annual service.
I asked them to return my older wipers as they were relatively new and got them to keep as spare.

I’ll have a look when my replacement blades show up today (hopefully), and see if there are identifying marks.

NAPA has a wiper listed for Tesla Model Xs in their parts database. It think it was called Trifoil, or something similar. I tried to find it on their website so I could link it, but it wasn’t anywhere I could easily locate.

View attachment 274076 View attachment 274077 View attachment 274078 View attachment 274079 View attachment 274080 View attachment 274081
So there I am driving to work in the morning, when after I get about halfway there I click my wiper button to do a single pass as I have done a few times before. The arm swings up, and the end of its swing my driver side wiper blade goes *wheeeeee*, flying off the arm never to be seen again.

Ready for the puzzle? The mounting points for the blade are all intact on the washer nozzle head at the end of the wiper arm. I am honestly at a loss for how my blade came off with no damage done to those mounting points.

Since the nearest Tesla service center is about 18-20 hours drive, I can’t get it serviced easily, so I hit up NAPA, and they can’t find anything that’d fit. After that, I try my luck at a local Mercedes dealer and get a partial solution. They can’t mount a blade onto the washer nozzle, and the nozzle can’t be removed, so they unlatch the washer nozzle, mount a standard wiper blade and zip tie the washer nozzle to the wiper arm. It’s ugly, but it works, at a cost of $80. -.-

Weird huh?

Yikes! Did the windshield escape unscratched?