Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera Not Working with Android...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

radiocycle

Supporting Member
Apr 13, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm running Android 12 on a Pixel 6 connected to my 2018 Mod 3. The remote live camera on Sentry Mode has never worked, it just spins. I have toggled it on in the car but still no good. Any ideas why it's not working?
And happy holidays, all!

r

What mobile app software version and Tesla software package are you running?

Force close your mobile app, clear cache, then restart the app. Ofcourse, make sure the feature is enabled in the car first by going through the security settings. Also, grant the app access to your device's location.

I can confirm that live camview does work on the latest 4.4.2-828 Android Tesla app on a Pixel 6 Pro for an M3 running 2021.44.x.x.

I first started using the live can feature on 202.40.6 on a Samsung S21 Ultra and on iPhone 13 Pro Max. Tesla reps suggests that iOS Mobile apps get the latest Tesla mobile app updates faster than Android. However, I was still able to use it on an older Tesla mobile app version on a Samsung vs the latest release on the iPhone.

Reactions: radiocycle
What mobile app software version and Tesla software package are you running?

Force close your mobile app, clear cache, then restart the app. Ofcourse, make sure the feature is enabled in the car first by going through the security settings. Also, grant the app access to your device's location.

I can confirm that live camview does work on the latest 4.4.2-828 Android Tesla app on a Pixel 6 Pro for an M3 running 2021.44.x.x.

I first started using the live can feature on 202.40.6 on a Samsung S21 Ultra and on iPhone 13 Pro Max. Tesla reps suggests that iOS Mobile apps get the latest Tesla mobile app updates faster than Android. However, I was still able to use it on an older Tesla mobile app version on a Samsung vs the latest release on the iPhone.
Good info, Thanks!

r

Do you have a VPN, e.g. Google Fi automatic VPN? If so, you should be able to set an app exception. I believe the Tesla app makes a direct connection to the car to avoid servers and some privacy concerns.
Ah, ha!

You named it Mardak. Sure enough, the Fi VPN was the 'problem'. Works great when I turn off the VPN. Now, I just have to work on making an exception for the Tesla app and I should be good to go. Thanks for zeroing in on that!

radio

Worked for me too. Thanks v much!
For anyone else on Fi who stumbles on to this thread, here's how to set up an exception:

1. Open the Google Fi app .
  2. Scroll to “Phone settings.”
  3. Tap Privacy & security Show details. Manage advanced settings.
  4. Turn off Exceptions allowed.
  5. To select the app that won't use the VPN, tap Add an exception. Apps can choose when to send traffic outside the VPN.
Google Help fi › answer

Protect your online activity - Google Fi Help