Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2021.36.8 to enable Sentry Mode live camera. It worked fine the one time I tested it yesterday. Today it doesn’t work. I just get a refresh message on the Live Camera screen. Clicking refresh does nothing. Any ideas?

Attachments

• E7BB0BA8-3EE7-4A14-A341-E7852F1FA34D.jpeg
    E7BB0BA8-3EE7-4A14-A341-E7852F1FA34D.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Reactions: rickjaime
Ok installed the update to the car.
Enabled in settings.
Open app on my Android phone same issue Refresh, clicking refresh does nothing.
Wife has Apple phone open app go to sentry works perfect no issue.
Back to Android no go.
Check Play store and there is an update for the Tesla app.
Update app and now the option is completely removed from the app.

So seems there is a bug in the Android app and the fix was to remove the feature from the app.

I had this issue where my car was in a parking garage and didn’t have good cell service. just have to make sure your car is in a spot with good cell service.

Yeah, as I understand it, Tesla uses AT&T which is craptacular in this area (it's the reason we switched to Verizon about 20 years ago ...).

I was only able to get a live stream when I moved the car out of the garage, and even then there was a message at the bottom of the video that indicated "poor connection".

I hope they allow this for WiFi as well, as several places where I'd typical use it, have WiFi, and/or I'd consider leaving my little AP in the car. I feel like this is going to be a "value add" for the premium connectivity, which I was pretty sure I was going to let expire next June (and just use the AP/hotspot on my phone).

Sentry Mode Live View is only supported on iOS for now.
Did you see an announcement for that as it was clearly in my app and others for a few. It was working for some but then stopped. If I had not installed the update app from the play store it would still be there. So seems they intended it to work but there was a bug and it was removed.

The update was downloaded on my 2021 M3 LR. I activated remote viewing of sentry mode under Security, but the app on my android phone doesn't have the "View Live Camera" option under Sentry Mode. Is that what you other android users are seeing on the app ?

So, it'll probably take a month or so for it to work on Android. The refreshed Tesla app didn't officially come to the Google store until about 6 weeks after it was out on iOS, so probably the same thing here.

What is odd is I had it on my Android phone it was there but like other poster I started to get the refresh that did nothing. The playstore has an update I think oh good it's fixed and no it was removed. So Android had it for a day then gone.