Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera View in the U.K.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see no reason it won't come here... Only one country has it so far, the UK isn't alone waiting by any means.

Something like this is potentially a big change server side, it won't be an instant global rollout.

We already have sentry mode, where you can watch a video an hour later of people walking by, live streaming is just the same but watching it a few seconds later. If we have one, we can have the other.

Reactions: NewbieT
That's not to say that capturing images doesn't have GDPR implications, but obviously if you are incidentally recording all conversations that take place in your neighbour's garden, that's a rather larger invasion of privacy....

My nest camera can hear things quite some distance away.. not that I really care, but all that gets uploaded to the USA so is on some server farm somewhere.

There are so many smart doorbells, cameras etc. out there before you start on the dash cams that the GDPR just breaks as the domestic use exception really only covers static local CCTV. I think some of the car stuff it is covered by it being a public space (no right to privacy) but there's still a grey area that's really never been tested.

But since BMW already have a similar system in the UK I don't think the issue is legal, it's Tesla. Same reason we never got improved autopark, responding to green lights, etc.