Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera View in the U.K.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry Mode Live Camera Access is now available in the UK (part of 2021.44.25.2)

70386C56-85D3-4137-B2D2-F14AE59BAF48.jpeg
80498277-F8D7-482D-94CE-AD6DAA9A4B5B.png

I really don't get why they implemented live/snooping view before they implemented the ability to view/save recorded clips. The latter would have been very useful on dozens of occasions, unlike the ability to live view surroundings which would have been useful precisely zilch. Thankfully it sounds like live view is not entirely covert.

Reactions: Paule and Godsense
live view is useful probably only if you get a warning alert if your alarm is triggered when you’re away from the car. Lets you see if its a false alarm, not that you can do anything if someone really is stealing it or broken into it.

I really don't get why they implemented live/snooping view before they implemented the ability to view/save recorded clips. The latter would have been very useful on dozens of occasions, unlike the ability to live view surroundings which would have been useful precisely zilch. Thankfully it sounds like live view is not entirely covert.
I kind of think they need to both be present - look at a ring doorbell cam for example. It records and saves but also offers the option of Live View to try and deter as well as/instead of capture.

Will be interesting to see if they take a similar approach with having a cloud save for Dash/Sentry Cam in the future... would be another selling point for Premium Connectivity and would mean no recording is lost in the event that the USB got lost/corrupted.

Reactions: TheFuturist
Presume you all have enabled your phone key? When I try to access the camera from the app I get hit with " To view camera, enable phone key." I wonder why that would be? I can't have the phone enabled as at home, my phone keeps the doors enabled for being opened. It's the reason I bought the key fob. Shame I won't be able to use it without doing that though! Seems weird.

Presume you all have enabled your phone key? When I try to access the camera from the app I get hit with " To view camera, enable phone key." I wonder why that would be? I can't have the phone enabled as at home, my phone keeps the doors enabled for being opened. It's the reason I bought the key fob. Shame I won't be able to use it without doing that though! Seems weird.
It might say connected i.e. that it's in Bluetooth range, but the doors won't open until you get right up close to the car.

I tried it whilst leaving the phone in the house and I couldn't open the door.

The car can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth when in range, but won’t allow the doors to open until you’re really close to the car.

Reactions: Nick77