Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera View no longer an option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked my app today to look at the live sentry mode cameras as I heard a noise around my car and the spot in the app under security>sentry mode and usually there is a button “view live cameras” but now it just says “activate surveillance” with the toggle switch

Anyone else seeing this ?

2021 model 3 long rang. 2022.8.2 software. This only happened after the app updated
Like you said, live sentry mode view requires premium connectivity subscription

same situation i have with my brand new 2023 model 3, LR, 2023.2.12, Dubai, UAE.
i am supposed to have premium connection for one month trial and i am not able to have a live view camera in Tesla app.
i am using iPhone 11 with latest iOS.
i do not know what's wrong?!

I have a 2019 X LR so I hope it’s even available. I had the tech bring me a new fob and he actually did a hard reset by pulling the fire safety plug and disconnecting the neg battery cable. This vehicle also has the issue of “low key fob battery” even with new batteries.
I had the same issue with my 2017 model s 75d. I disconnected all batteries, the main and the 12 volt. Left it disconnected for 30 minutes. When I reconnected everything the "low key fob battery" notification on screen was gone.

Tesla tech services helped to solve my problem of unable to view live camera through Sentry Mode. it's simply turn off my VPN of my cellphone connectivity.
FYI, if you have a VPN worth its money, then it will have split tunneling option to exclude apps. Just add Tesla app to its split tunneling. It's the same as turning off the VPN, but without the downside of forgetting you turned off your VPN when you move on to other apps and web access.