Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Live Camera View no longer an option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked my app today to look at the live sentry mode cameras as I heard a noise around my car and the spot in the app under security>sentry mode and usually there is a button “view live cameras” but now it just says “activate surveillance” with the toggle switch

Anyone else seeing this ?

2021 model 3 long rang. 2022.8.2 software. This only happened after the app updated

I suspected it wasn’t very common or I would of found something in all my searching. I used to have that option a few days ago. Not sure exactly when it disappeared

I’ve never had to update the Tesla app as it does that automatically. It wasn’t related to the app refresh a few days ago either as the camera option was there after that update

Very weird

I checked my app today to look at the live sentry mode cameras as I heard a noise around my car and the spot in the app under security>sentry mode and usually there is a button “view live cameras” but now it just says “activate surveillance” with the toggle switch

Anyone else seeing this ?

2021 model 3 long rang. 2022.8.2 software. This only happened after the app updated

Basic question. Did you have sentry mode on? I just checked mine and it said the same thing, but that's because sentry mode was not on. Once I turn it on, I was able to use it.

I have a 2019 X LR so I hope it’s even available. I had the tech bring me a new fob and he actually did a hard reset by pulling the fire safety plug and disconnecting the neg battery cable. This vehicle also has the issue of “low key fob battery” even with new batteries.

My phone app on android will not do live camera either. I have sentry mode on and when tapping the Enable Live camera it just brings up a screen and then it goes away. And I have the latest app version. One would think the people at Tesla could make an app feature do what is supposed to do when they release an update, but apparently not. buggy