TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Live Hangout With Elon Musk and Sir Richard Branson

Discussion in 'Video' started by doug, Aug 8, 2013.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

2. Colasec

Colasec Member

Thanks for posting this video, Doug. I wanted to join the Hangout this morning but wasn't able to. I am very glad to still be able to watch it.

3. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

That's a very cool video.

Was anybody else noticing the crazy chair that Elon was sitting in? My first thought was the chair was very James Bond villain-like. I was waiting for Elon to pet a white cat.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

My thought too. Especially when he leaned back and the chair looked even more evil.
    tumblr_m90ka7Zr021rby5xwo1_500.jpg

5. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Super helpful video, especially in the area of entrepreneurship and business.

I've learned a ton about business/entrepreneurship from watching Elon Musk videos. He always seems to have something valuable to share as he's thought through so much and has a depth of experience as well.

6. moollar

moollar Member

That would have been classic if he did! :biggrin:

Great video. It's not often you see CEOs get emotional and being so open with their experiences. The passion behind what he has done / is doing is evident. It's easy to see how employees, clients and customers become "believers" when the head of the company is sincerely a "believer" themselves.

7. Soflason

Soflason Member

Great video. He did look pretty cool sitting in that chair, looking up at the sky pondering his answers to questions. :cool:

Liked Richard Branson's lush tropical background behind him, he's a pretty cool guy too - nice to see two billionaires being pretty generous with their advice... it really looked as if Branson was trying to advise Elon to delegate more and hire more capable hands-on managers so he's not going to get overworked. I think Elon's advice about working seven days a week, all day everyday, even "in your sleep" was not really Branson's style. But, then again, that's partly the Silicon Valley work ethic which differs from the approach Branson took at Virgin...

8. STARR X

STARR X Member

Sure this is a good video but the Elon part just repeats stuff I have already read or seen. Richard Branson was much more interesting for me. Plus he is a little more polished. :)

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

So who else saw Talulah?

10. GSP

GSP Member

Great video! Thanks Doug. I did see Talulah in the background.

GSP