Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Live Oak, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There will be 12 pedestals (all back-in, with the north end unit being side curb mounted) at the Busy Bee in Live Oak. All UG conduit appears to be installed.

Attachments

• 20170715_133250.jpg
    20170715_133250.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 20170715_133301.jpg
    20170715_133301.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 20170715_133404.jpg
    20170715_133404.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 174
I know lots of people who rave about the Busy Bee (I don't get the fuss). But it's cool they're getting the super chargers.

It's still absurd to me that there are going to be two sites at the 75/10 interchange and yet there are zero announced sites between Kendall and Hollywood.

There are two shown for Miami-Date, but no permits have yet been found. In theory one is planned for Brickell and another for Wynwood IIRC. There are a handful of major urban areas in NA that seem pretty meager for SC planning but South East Florida seems the most deeply touristic area with so little SC. Still there's Marathon, Florida City and Plantation 1 and another planned, so we could be worse off.
I know lots of people who rave about the Busy Bee (I don't get the fuss). But it's cool they're getting the super chargers.

It's still absurd to me that there are going to be two sites at the 75/10 interchange and yet there are zero announced sites between Kendall and Hollywood.

I agree that the proximity between Live Oak and Lake City is a bit of a "head scratcher".

Nevertheless, I have to also agree with JC's remarks about the Southeast coverage. If Tesla achieves its plan, then that area will be very well covered as this map illustrates.

Southeast Superchargers.jpg

Larry

It is not absurd for those of us that live in Tallahassee and go east to Jacksonville. In the past, I had to go South on 75 to Lake City, charge then take HWY 90 back up to 10. This will save many of us much time! This was a VERY MUCH needed Super Charger station, thanks, Tesla!

Reactions: kort677
It is not absurd for those of us that live in Tallahassee and go east to Jacksonville. In the past, I had to go South on 75 to Lake City, charge then take HWY 90 back up to 10. This will save many of us much time! This was a VERY MUCH needed Super Charger station, thanks, Tesla!

I go to Tallahassee several times a year from Miami. I'm well familiar with its "remoteness", if you will.

But it absolutely is absurd that that interchange is getting a second location before a single super charger use built between Kendall and Hollywood. We are talking about an area with around 3 million people. THAT is "very much" needed, not live oak. Not even close.

Just saying.

Live Oak, FL

Interstates: I-10
US Numbered Highways: US-90, US-129

I-10:
To: Lake City, FL - 21.7 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: End (Jacksonville, FL) - 81.3 miles

Lake City, FL (US-129,FL-C136A,FL-136,I-75,US-90): 23.9 miles
Tallahassee, FL (US-129,FL-C136A,u,US-129,I-10,FL-61): 87.2 miles
Tifton, GA (US-129,I-75,US-82): 90.4 miles
Augusta, GA (US-129,GA-37,US-221,u,US-221,GA-135,GA-130,GA-297,u,GA-56,u,US-25,i-520,i-20,GA-28): 250 miles

OK thanks for blasting me about the "Much Needed" lol. How about I am "really Happy" about it?? Also, I agree more superchargers down south are MUCH NEEDED! Happy?

Not making the trip down to Lake City when headed East or West on 10 is awesome!