TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Live stream of a factory delivery

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cinergi, Dec 3, 2012.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Hi all! I've been working with Tesla on getting this scheduled but we're close now, so I'd like to announce that I'll be doing a live stream of a factory delivery soon. I'll also be taking a tour but of course no photos or videos -- but I'll do the usual video stuff for a factory delivery. I'd like to get the word out as much as possible as soon as the date is really nailed down. Right now it's scheduled for January 5th. I'll post more as details are nailed down.

2. Zextraterrestrial

Sweet, but the tour is where it's at!:smile:

3. JoshG

JoshG Member

Agree. the delivery part is paperwork, and then a basic walkthrough and demo. your videos already have all that info, so not really sure this will be super informative. There's really not much else to the delivery "event".

4. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Yeah, the delivery is interesting but I want to see the factory tour!!!

5. Zextraterrestrial

Well, besides seeing the 'mission control' where all of the calls and e-mails are going through for delivery. Not sure if that would be included in the video but It was cool to see all of the DS's

+ seeing 6 different configuration cars all in one spot was pretty cool

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I presume you've already asked but I'll suggest in case you haven't.

Perhaps offer to do the factory tour under special conditions (specific hours, they get editing rights on the video, etc.)?

7. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Hey don't rain on my parade LOL
    I want it to serve as a "here's what you get when you take delivery of your car" rather than something to inform anyone about specific features of the car. And not so much for the folks on the forums here which are much more familiar with the car and Tesla than the genera public. I'm hoping to get something on a big site like Engadget and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll definitely try!

8. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

#8 jcstp, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    If you want a factory tour sneekpeek (1hour) you can watch this

- - - Updated - - -

Another videoevent to look out for!

You are Tesla's video-communication official? :biggrin:

9. JoshG

JoshG Member

Ha, no... didn't mean to discourage, I love your videos! The more the better. But your mission of showing "what you get when you take delivery of your car" (at the factory, presumably), is somewhat impossible (or at least compromised) if you can't take video of the tour. My point only was that the rest of what happens at delivery is either boring (filling out paperwork) or already known (car walk-through... and YOUR videos do as good a job of this as the DS's do!). So I didn't mean to rain on the parade... go for it, just want people to know what they'll get if there's no tour video. It's like saying you want to show people what it's like to be a pilot and not being able to show flying a plane or any of the inside of the plane... only showing the pre-flight briefing in a conference room. May be interesting, but it's not the best part. :)

10. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Thank you JCSTP - I had always wanted to watch that. It made my delivery (hopefully this weekend) that much more appreciated.

11. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Flight and hotel are confirmed -- so I consider this in ink now :smile: I hear the point on the usefulness of live streaming the delivery ... though I'm hoping my audience will extend way beyond this forum and youtube (I need to go work on that). I'll also work with Tesla to see what else I can do (factory or otherwise).

12. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

Great news Cinergi. When are you flying out?

13. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I'll be there Friday afternoon through saturday (flying back sunday morning).. I know there's folks in the area -- would be great to get together for lunch/dinner/drinks/whatever?

14. Brian H

Brian H Banned

One member was able to shoot photos, and was told he was the first since the ban took effect. The reason had been some irresponsible extrapolating of door panels visible in one early tour shot to the conclusion Tesla couldn't possibly attain the output it claimed. I guess such concerns are now moot!

So you may be in luck.

15. radinator

radinator Member

cinergi, not sure if you'll see this in time but I am scheduled to pick up my car at 1 P.M. on Friday. Are you going to be at the factory by then? I'll check back on this thread before we get there, but feel free to PM me as well. Just counting the hours.

16. stinnett_P813

What time are you doing the video? We have a 9am factory delivery today.

17. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I fly out tomorrow. I should be visiting Deer Creek tomorrow and doing the factory thing on Saturday. I have no details or timelines yet, but will update this thread as I know more ...

18. highedu

highedu Member

Love your videos, please post on youtube for those of us who cannot watch the live stream. BTW, Are you getting a second MS?

19. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

I'll try to make sure I record locally on the camera, too so I can post it. I'm not getting another car (it's just me). This is just a ... special occasion.

20. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

5000th delivery? Mitt getting one?