TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lloyd All-weather vs Tesla All-weather

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Trouthooked, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Trouthooked

Trouthooked Member

I have a couple questions.

1) Will the All-weather mats from my 2013 (S85) fit my incoming 2015 (85D)? Although I am not a big fan of them, I don't really want to get rid of them either. The front ones aren't quite sized right and the rear passenger is starting to buckle around the edges.

2) Has anyone tried the Lloyd Rubbertite All-weather mats?...opinion?

I have looked for a thread on this subject, but no real luck.

2. imherkimer

imherkimer Member

As I understand, the Tesla All-weather mats are made by Lloyd to fit in the Model S. So same mats, same manufacturer, just "adjusted" for Model S, and carrying the Tesla name and logo.

3. Trouthooked

Trouthooked Member

The Tesla mat is made by WeatherTech. It is a hard plastic "shell". I have a set. The Lloyd mat, however, appears to be more supple, like a regular all weather mat you might find in a BMW or MB.

4. kuttakamina

kuttakamina Member

I went with tesla all weather mats because they protect more surface area. I also put Velcro behind them to prevent the buckling issue you speak of.

5. ahimberg

ahimberg Member

The tesla all weather mats from 2013 mostly fit still 2015, I moved mine, the most visible thing is that the passenger front seat now has these big circle velcro spots for the standard mats to attach to. The all weather mat doesn't go up high enough to cover that spot. (but you can put the all weather mat on top of the standard mat on the passenger side).

the trunk mat seems more off to me than any of the others (esp with the back seats down), creates a more uncomfortable ledge for the dogs.

6. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

You can easily remove those circle Velcro things, just turn them counter-clockwise and pull (unscrew them).

7. travwill

travwill Member

Does it leave any noticeable holes/carpet issues after removing or does it fill in sort of? Wanting to remove mine but didn't want to leave crappy messed up holes behind.

8. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

No noticeable holes, just brush the carpet lightly if there is a small mark.