TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Oct 27, 2012.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The Lloyd's mats arrived today in a very large, heavy box. They were rolled up and nicely packed. I ended up ordering the tan for my Blue with tan interior Model S.

These are super high quality (I haven't seen any better), with a thick and very deep pile and a rubberized backing, with all of the edges very nicely finished. They beg driving with bare feet:)

Here are photos of the complete set, from the rear to the front of the car. With my reservation number I likely will not have my Model S until the spring so I could not photograph the mats in the car. I regret that but there's not much I could do.

Rear

DSC_2333.JPG

Rear seats

DSC_2339.JPG

Front seats (the driver's side is to the right)

DSC_2343.JPG

Frunk

DSC_2359.JPG

A few shots of the edges showing the thick, dense pile. Focus is bad here but the photos make the point nonetheless.

DSC_2354.JPG

DSC_2348.JPG

2. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Those look real nice. Is that Dark Tan (068), Light Tan (060) or Parchment (066)? I tried to get them to send me samples before my trip to Denver next week, where I will be seeing a Green/Tan Model S, but they never did send any, or respond to my follow-up emails.

3. contaygious

contaygious Member

Nice! Aren't you afraid of dirt though? Even my black ones got dirty over 4 years. Even a few spots would drive me bonkers,

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Isn't the point of an aftermarket floor mat to catch the dirt? I don't understand the question I guess.

5. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

Would be nice to have Tesla embroidered on them

from my Samsung galaxy s3

6. efusco

OP, who did you order from? What color? What price? Just for comparison's sake.

7. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

#7 xhawk101, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    How much $?

from my Samsung galaxy s3

8. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Who did you order from (website?) and which version (line) of mat did you purchase?

Thanks
    WJ

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

10. efusco

Could you PLEASE elaborate on the other questions. Clearly we have some interest in your decision and in buying them ourselves, but the web site you linked to does not list any Tesla floor mats. So you must've done something special to get the ones you have.

Please describe the process you used, what color you got, how you got the custom mats, what pile type you have and what you paid.

11. artsci

artsci Sponsor

#11 artsci, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Try this link: Order Configurator : AutoMatStore.com In the drop down on the upper left, choose 2013 model year, then Tesla, then S. It then gives you the mat choices for the entire car. Colors can be seen on the lower segment of that page. I think the ebony is the best choice if you want a dark color compatible with the stock dark gray/black carpet liners. The blue might also be a good choice for those with blue cars. I almost chose that color myself.

The color I ordered is called Parchment (number 066). I paid $597.00 for the entire set, including shipping. See this thread for some of the colors pictured near the tan seats and stock carpet liner: Will after market mats be necessary or will the Tesla mats be up to snuff? - Page 2

12. efusco

#12 efusco, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    Thanks, that helps, I kept looking under the 2012 model year since that's what Tesla calls it. Still can't find the Tesla even under 2013 at JC Whitney...

Glad to have the link to the other thread, it certainly sounds like it's worth being patient here and seeing what Tesla delivers. Would like to get some rubber mats of some sort to soak up all the slush from mud and snow season, but if the Tesla regular mats are adequate I'll probably just stick with those from my everyday use.

13. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Thanks so much Artsci, I thought I was following this topic, but somehow I misses the pics of the samples in the Model S. The Parchment 066 is a perfect match for the tan...I'll be interested to see what Tesla has to offer by the time I take delivery. Otherwise these are looking pretty good.

14. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I just looked up Lloyd Mat and they are about 8 miles away from my in Northridge. I might stop by their factory and see what they can do about the Tesla logo.

15. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL S SIG

If you do get an answer, please let us know!

16. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Anyone/Atsci-

Does the upholstery lining the floor of the cars match the leather, or is it all black? I can't recall. To Artsci specifically, if the upholstery lining the floor is black, why did you go with the matching tan mats v. black mats? (The mats look really solid, and unless the Tesla offerings are of substantial thickness and nicely branded, I'll probably go with Lloyds as well.)

Does anyone know if Lloyds (or others) is offering rubber winter floor mats?

- - - Updated - - -

Taking these mats out and steam cleaning them shouldn't be a challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the schematics of the mats on the AutoMatStore website look distinctly different from the actual ones you received and photographed. Did you notice this as well, or have I reached a page in error?

17. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The schematics are generic drawings and don't match the actual mat shapes for the Tesla.

18. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I thought Tesla was going to offer new mats...

19. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

#19 shokunin, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    The interior carpet, regardless of leather color is black. If you order a tan leather, you will receive black floor mats from Tesla. Nothing wrong with getting matching leather/floor mats even though the carpet is black. It is surprising Tesla is not offering rear seat floor mats as the kids (my kids at least) will be making a mess back there.

I noticed they put holes for floor mat clips, yet so far I haven't seen any clips in the model S, just velcro.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on the Logo.

20. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I have the art work for the Tesla logo. Let me know if you need it.