TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Oct 27, 2012.

1. contaygious

contaygious Member

Ah, I guess I never thought of steam cleaning. Maybe I will consider tan after all. Would have to see in a car to decide and also see what tesla offers. Mini has some nice tan and black stripes mats that we have.
    MIN_urban_mats_md.jpg

2. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

My understanding was that the cars are shipping with temporary front mats, but that full front and back mats are coming.

3. William13

William13 Member

It has been stated in other treads that Tesla is supplying fronts only with the car. They plan to offer full sets of more finished mats later for an additional fee.

4. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

The mats are of good a quality.

5. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I was just curious.

I have contacted a few embroidery places in Chicago to see if they have the capacity to do this. None of them specifically advertise automobile mats, but they accept digital artwork and appear to embroider just about anything that a needle can penetrate. These Lloyd mats look thick, so we'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are nice. They seem like they would repel water easily as well.

6. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I called them today to see if I could stop by the factory. They said all of the sales guys are at the SEMA show in Vegas until next Monday. I'll try to stop by next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they are... but I'm sure at a much higher price than Lloyds will offer.

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

The Lloyd's mats, like any good car mat, have a sturdy plastic backing. Any embroidering would have to be done before the carpet is attached to the backing, during the production process.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That is my understanding, also.

9. contaygious

contaygious Member

Ok so it sounds like maybe the optional mats tesla is going to provide are rubber only. Maybe Lloyd's are the best bet.
    Tesla Motors

"A: As of right now from where I sit, the only floor mat option I know we are working on is an all weather option, which would be separate purchase. I unfortunately though have no ETA for this offering from us.

This may be related to the reports about more durable floor mats. I cannot confirm whether this will include mats for the frunk or rear cargo area. As of right now, all Model S are shipped with floor mats for the front driver and passenger foot wells."

10. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Just called Sammy at Lloyd Matts today and have an appointment tomorrow morning at 10am at their factory in Northridge to look at the colors (and see why other's have said that the black doesn't match). I'll report back with my findings.

11. miemrich

miemrich Member

I would recommend ordering Lloyd's mats from AutoAnything | Auto Accessories Car Covers. They offer a 15% discount for first time customers and free shipping. Just received my rear mat and it's perfect. Now I need a car for it.

12. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

The mats are of a good quality.

13. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I went to the Lloyd Mats factory today and looked at all of the options with Sammy the sales manager. We came to the conclusion that all of the black mats are slightly off color from the Tesla black interior. This is only noticeable in very bright direct sunlight. The best choice seems to be the "Ultimats" which is a 32oz mat. The "Velourtex" is more inline with the freebie mats that Tesla is giving but a little thicker. They have a screw in plastic anchor which you can screw into the existing carpet to hold the mats in place. I'm not sure what Tesla is actually going to come up with for an anchor system. Here are some picture of the samples they let me keep. As of now they are not allowed to embroider either the Tesla logo or the word "Tesla" since they don't have a contract for the licensing rights. Let me know if you have any questions. 2012-11-06 17.07.30.jpg 2012-11-06 16.54.56.jpg 2012-11-06 16.53.40.jpg 2012-11-06 16.53.47.jpg 2012-11-06 16.53.57.jpg

14. contaygious

contaygious Member

Don't the current mats Velcro down so couldn't the loyds ones do that? So you'd to black over ebony?? Thx.

15. kevincwelch

Just out of curiosity, how would that death dagger screw be applied to the floor of the car? What material is directly below the Model S fabric lining the floor? Padding? Aluminum? How far below the fabric is the actual battery?

16. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

The "death dagger" is just plastic and would screw into the existing carpet. I'm just not sure how well it would stay in under the stress of the moving floor mat. They said they could not do the Velcro like Tesla did (and the Tesla Velcro is a bit useless anyway).

17. kevincwelch

Suture it!

18. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Indeed! a nice mattress stitch should do it!

19. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

I got a set of Lloyd's Luxe mats for my S from AutoAnything: recommended. In addition to the first-time-customer deal mentioned above, they're running an equivalent CyberMonday deal, today only: use code ENV1226.

BTW, I went with the recommendations on the forum here and got the Ebony color; it's just a shade lighter than the OEM carpet in the S and looks fine. I never had a chance to compare it with Lloyd's Black color.

20. colinb

colinb Member

#40 colinb, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    With the Canadian winters I opted for Lloyd's RubberTite mats. They came today. Now I just need a Model S to put them in. :)

WP_20121126_008.png

UPDATE: Just noticed they forgot to ship the frunk mat. :( Have put a request in to get that rectified ASAP.