Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. What was the total cost?

Ordered from Custom Car Floor Mats Sent Directly to You | MatMyCar.ca. Prices in Canadian dollars.

Rubbertite Mat: 2 Pc Front w/1 Pc 2nd Seat Car Mat ($139.02) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT2|3827020|43530||801||||||||
$139.02

Rubbertite Mat: Small Deck Mat ($72.07) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT14|3827110|43549||801||||||||
$72.07

Rubbertite Mat: Standard Trunk Mat ($108.15) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT19|3827100|43516||801||||||||
$108.15

Rubbertite Mat: Standard Trunk Mat ($108.15) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013 (this is the frunk)
Part# RT19|3827050|43516||801||||||||
$108.15

Subtotal: $ 427.39
Ontario HST: $ 51.66
Coupon Discount: -$ 30.00
Shipping: Free FedEx Ground
Order Total: $ 449.05

As of now they are not allowed to embroider either the Tesla logo or the word "Tesla" since they don't have a contract for the licensing rights.
In response to my e-mail inquiry:
Tesla contact said:
This is new to me so I sent along the question. The response I got back is that it doesn’t look like we plan to share our logo with third party companies such as Lloyd’s.

No ETA on Tesla making our own mats, but it’s something that will likely show up some time in the future.

Hmm.... I'd like to just get the back seat floor mat but doesn't appear it's sold that way. (Only comes in a package with the front mats, but I'm fine with the Tesla mats.) The kids keep making a mess back there and I'm sure the carpet is going to get destroyed in not too long if I don't do something.

I went ahead and bought the whole set since the Tesla free ones are almost a joke (IMO).

Hmm.... I'd like to just get the back seat floor mat but doesn't appear it's sold that way. (Only comes in a package with the front mats, but I'm fine with the Tesla mats.) The kids keep making a mess back there and I'm sure the carpet is going to get destroyed in not too long if I don't do something.
Went ahead and ordered the Lloyd's mats for front and back in a different color (burgundy) just to mix it up a bit. If end up liking the original black ones better then the other mats can work in frunk or trunk. Tho I expect it to work the other way around; the original mats will get frunk/trunk duty.

I'll post in car pictures when the mats arrive. Maybe this weekend.

I bought the same rubber mats from Lloyd for the frunk, front, and rear seats. Didn't get the rear trunk ones as they may not fit the jump seat version and I ordered the jump seats. The mats look nice. I prefer WeatherTech FloorLiners but they haven't come out for the Model S as of yet. The only thing I like less about Lloyd's mats is the edges are just cut though the pattern where it lies. On the WeatherTech mats the liners have a very prominent edge that is specific to being an edge and not just cut off mid pattern. Alas, my car is not here to put the mats in yet. If anyone gets these Lloyd rubber mats into a model S I would love to see photos.

If nobody else posts them before me I will take some when I get my car.

Cheers.

Colinb, I have rear jump seats eventually coming; is the "small deck mat" where the kids' feet would go in the trunk? If not, I'm thinking of just getting the full trunk piece and then cutting it myself once the seats arrive (or folding it somehow). It's silly how the first 2 rows package is just shy of free shipping, add the trunk and it's $3 short of their 2nd tier promo, and matmycar has no "tiny products" to get me over the edge. :) Yes I'm cheap.

Ordered from Custom Car Floor Mats Sent Directly to You | MatMyCar.ca. Prices in Canadian dollars.

Rubbertite Mat: 2 Pc Front w/1 Pc 2nd Seat Car Mat ($139.02) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT2|3827020|43530||801||||||||
$139.02

Rubbertite Mat: Small Deck Mat ($72.07) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT14|3827110|43549||801||||||||
$72.07

Rubbertite Mat: Standard Trunk Mat ($108.15) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013
Part# RT19|3827100|43516||801||||||||
$108.15

Rubbertite Mat: Standard Trunk Mat ($108.15) Mat Color: 801 - Black Tesla S 2013 (this is the frunk)
Part# RT19|3827050|43516||801||||||||
$108.15

Subtotal: $ 427.39
Ontario HST: $ 51.66
Coupon Discount: -$ 30.00
Shipping: Free FedEx Ground
Order Total: $ 449.05

Colinb, I have rear jump seats eventually coming; is the "small deck mat" where the kids' feet would go in the trunk? It's silly how the first 2 rows package is just shy of free shipping, add the trunk and it's $3 short of their 2nd tier promo, and matmycar has no "tiny products" to get me over the edge. :) Yes I'm cheap.

The small rear cargo mat does indeed appear to be where the kids feet would go. As for matmycar they appear to be a small two person operation that is not much more than a freight forwarder model by pushing orders to Lloyds Mats which deals directly with dealers. I doubt that they realize that it's that close on a particular product. I'd email them to see if they'd be willing to give the promo to you.

I prefer WeatherTech FloorLiners but they haven't come out for the Model S as of yet. The only thing I like less about Lloyd's mats is the edges are just cut though the pattern where it lies. On the WeatherTech mats the liners have a very prominent edge that is specific to being an edge and not just cut off mid pattern.

I agree about the edging. Feels rather cheap to not have finished the edges properly. I made the choice for the same reason - need something sooner rather than later. The joy of being an early adopter I guess.

The small rear cargo mat does indeed appear to be where the kids feet would go. As for matmycar they appear to be a small two person operation that is not much more than a freight forwarder model by pushing orders to Lloyds Mats which deals directly with dealers. I doubt that they realize that it's that close on a particular product. I'd email them to see if they'd be willing to give the promo to you.

Thanks, colinb; do you think that these mats would be easy for me to cut myself? It doesn't look like they are "finished" around the edges... If I get the bigger piece, for $35 more, I could maybe just "customize it" myself. Is it fairly flexible/able to conform to curves?

You could easily cut it with an exacto knife. I think that Lloyds probably has patterns for each car and cuts the mats in the same way, by the look of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about the edging. Feels rather cheap to not have finished the edges properly. I made the choice for the same reason - need something sooner rather than later. The joy of being an early adopter I guess.

I got a 2011 sienna when they first came out. WeatherTech said they would have mats out in 2-3 months when I first contacted them about this very popular vehicle. It took them about 9 months before the front seats were out, and another 6 before the other seats were covered.

I don't think they will be more motivated to cover a car with far fewer on the road than the Sienna so I REALLY don't believe their current estimates re: how long it will be before the digital fit liners are available unless something major has changed or they want the bragging rights for the MT car of the year or something. As a result, I'm sticking with the Lloyd mats until then as muddy feet are standard here all winter and spring.

Cheers.

I've decided to go the luxury route rather than the weather route. Getting ready to order but still wondering a couple things:

@DrComputer: Why not the Luxe mats? You're thinking the thinner mats are better in the S for some reason?

Are you saying the Black is a better match to the Tesla black interior than the Ebony? From the pics I can't tell the difference.

Thanks all.

do you think that these mats would be easy for me to cut myself? It doesn't look like they are "finished" around the edges... If I get the bigger piece, for $35 more, I could maybe just "customize it" myself. Is it fairly flexible/able to conform to curves?

They have a clean edge in terms of having been polished so there is no rough spot but that's about it. If you had the tools I don't see why you couldn't cut them. Just remember to measure twice, cut once. ;)