Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LLumar Air 80 Clear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any concerns about them? I have an appointment next to do the Front windshield and moon roof with LLumar 80 Air Clear. Question are is it clear and not blue, I expect it to be clear? Can you still see well at night. If not I would go crazy. I wish they had LLumar 90 but that maybe a Texas thing. I'll ask if they have a roll. My goal is to have cabin at least 10% cooler when out in the sun

I have llumar air 80 on all my glass except the front door windows. its definitely clear. you won't notice it at all, Ive had air80 on all my cars windshield with no problems

on my front doors I have llumar ctx50, so it matches the rear doors better.

Thanks for sharing your experience with air 80 and Cystalline 90. I probably will move forward with the windshield and moonroof install. Googling around or watching YouTube almost all video/pictures looks blue. Though I think it’s an old product.

I’m shooting for clarity with heat rejection on these windows. Not looking to further privacy. Already ceramic tinted the rest of the windows.

@vtplm Do you feel it helped with reducing cabin heat when sitting out in the Sun or driving?

Ya huge difference in direct sunlight. Check out the ir rejection and tser in whatever you go with. I've done it with the last three cars and will probably never have a car without it again. Therr is already decent heat rejection on the roof, much better than the windshield, but a lot of people still opt to do it.

Reactions: Wreckz
Any concerns about them? I have an appointment next to do the Front windshield and moon roof with LLumar 80 Air Clear. Question are is it clear and not blue, I expect it to be clear? Can you still see well at night. If not I would go crazy. I wish they had LLumar 90 but that maybe a Texas thing. I'll ask if they have a roll. My goal is to have cabin at least 10% cooler when out in the sun

I've had this exact tint on the windshield of my last 3 cars. They're clear and you won't even notice they're there. If you wear polarized sunglasses you'll see rainbows which is with all tints I believe. The heat rejection was worth it. The oldest car I had it on was a 2015, and when I traded it in in 2020, you can tell the tint was starting to go bad, objects started to become fuzzy/blurry. I'd still do it again, and if anything have it redone/removed if it went fuzzy again.

Reactions: Wreckz
I've had this exact tint on the windshield of my last 3 cars. They're clear and you won't even notice they're there. If you wear polarized sunglasses you'll see rainbows which is with all tints I believe. The heat rejection was worth it. The oldest car I had it on was a 2015, and when I traded it in in 2020, you can tell the tint was starting to go bad, objects started to become fuzzy/blurry. I'd still do it again, and if anything have it redone/removed if it went fuzzy again.
I had the 90 Crystalline on my Prime and had Oaklely prescription sunglass with no issues or rainbow.

Reactions: Jsond
Was gonna get air 80 done on my car this week. I hadn’t thought about polarized glasses and the tint. I will need to ask the installer to let me take a look.
Does the crystalline not suffer from this issue?