Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Llumar FormulaOne Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to tint the front 2 windows on my MY and want to go with a product that will blend best with the back windows while still remaining somewhat legal. I was trying to decide between Stratos 35% or Pinnacle 30%. Originally I was leaning towards Stratos because it offers better UV blocking however the 30% would be slightly darker and probably blend better with the back windows. Not looking to go darker then 30%... Do both of these tints have the same basic color and match well with the stock tint? I'm beginning to lean towards the Pinnacle. Thoughts?

I mean the back windows come tinted from the factory though... I was debating a 70/75 on the front windshield but don't want to look illegal in any way. Hate attracting extra attention from cops.
The rear windows may be dark in color; however, they have no material heat rejection or UV blocking properties. You will need to tint the rear windows if you're looking for heat rejection and UV blocking performance.

Reactions: M-S-M
I would like to tint the front 2 windows on my MY and want to go with a product that will blend best with the back windows while still remaining somewhat legal. I was trying to decide between Stratos 35% or Pinnacle 30%. Originally I was leaning towards Stratos because it offers better UV blocking however the 30% would be slightly darker and probably blend better with the back windows. Not looking to go darker then 30%... Do both of these tints have the same basic color and match well with the stock tint? I'm beginning to lean towards the Pinnacle. Thoughts?
I went with one of the best installers in Chicago and he recommended 25%

Llumar FormulaOne.​

I have Llumar/35 on one of my cars, and another with 30. I thought the 35 was too light, which is why I went with 30 on the other. (This was before my state relaxed their tint laws to allow 25%). If you want to match the rears, 30 will be much closer... 25 will be perfect. (I have 25 on my Y).

TL_G35Rims_1 (1).jpg

This is a different car, but for reference, this is what Ceramic 30% looks like on my other car.