Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Llumar Tinting Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I'm going to be picking up my first Tesla (Model 3) and I'm planning on getting it wrapped in this color. The wrap place I'm using works with another company for window tinting and they only use Llumar window tint. This is the most money/thought I've put into any car purchase/customization in my life. Just a happy accident of the used car sales/bonus's at work that are allowing me to get a bit more personal in how I customize my car. I'm having a hard time determining how I should approach my window tint and would appreciate people who may have had more experience input. I don't really car about the window's being super dark. I actually dislike having to roll down a window at night to be able to make turns comfortably so I'm just looking for good uv/heat prevention and making sure it meshes well with the wrap color.

I'm not sure what your question is.

If you're asking is Llumar is good - yes. I have it on my Golf R and will likely get the same on my 3 once it arrives.

If you're asking if tint is worth it - that's personal preference. I like the heat rejection properties of a good ceramic tint. Others go as dark as possible for the appearance.

The installer should have samples that you can look at. I suspect something in the 35-50% range is what you'd like.