Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Loading Error" while streaming music

For the last 3-4 days I haven't been able to stream music from Tesla's streaming service.
I still have the 1 year premium connectivity and Netflix works fine but the music does not.

Anyone else ran into this?

I don't think it was the recent update because I had no issues for several days after the update was installed.
I'm connected on LTE according to the car.
I tried to hotspot from my phone and still get 'Loading Error'.

The car is barely 3 months old.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
...I haven't been able to stream music from Tesla's streaming service...

"Loading Error" happens to me quite often with Slacker app. If I keep listening to the same"Favorite" it would eventually give me that error. I then just have to find another "Favorite" to play on and keep switching when it happens again. Sometimes that doesn't work then I just go to Tune-In and play something to make sure it works then I just switch back to Slacker. If that doesn't work, I just reboot the display. If that doesn't work, I just play my backup flash drive.

For the last 3-4 days I haven't been able to stream music from Tesla's streaming service.
I still have the 1 year premium connectivity and Netflix works fine but the music does not.

I don't think it was the recent update because I had no issues for several days after the update was installed.

Same here! Usually it corrects itself on the next drive but it has not over the last three days. I tried turning my Bluetooth on and off and next I’m going to turn my phone off.

You user manual explains how to reboot the display (infotainment system). You hold the two scroll wheels on your steering until the screen goes dark. You then leave it a couple minutes to boot back. The car is drivable during that time but you have no feedback.

As for fixing, no. IMO It's either a LTE / server connectivity error or a software bug that prevents it from properly resuming when there are network issues. Because in a wireless connection, there are always errors and missing packets.

I have the same issue, by chance can you tell me how you resolved it?

Try 2 button salute. This happen to me one day recently. None of the streaming stuff worked, Slacker, TuneIn or Tidal. The 2 button reset fixed it.

jsgy

Feb 20, 2022
USA
I have the same problem of loading errors with some tune-in podcasts. It has gotten worse during the past month. Some podcasts work fine and others never load. Haven’t seen a pattern yet. Anyone find a solution to perpetually loading tune-in podcasts (aka the spinning reload icon)?

sfRonH

Model Y received 2022-May
Jun 4, 2022
San Francisco CA USA
You user manual explains how to reboot the display (infotainment system). You hold the two scroll wheels on your steering until the screen goes dark. You then leave it a couple minutes to boot back. The car is drivable during that time but you have no feedback.

As for fixing, no. IMO It's either a LTE / server connectivity error or a software bug that prevents it from properly resuming when there are network issues. Because in a wireless connection, there are always errors and missing packets.
Thanks for specifics. Finding it in the user manual Is hard. No “reboot”, not under screen displays or entertainment.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC