Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan Application Expired - Delivery Date Pushed from Feb to Sept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brucexu27

Jan 20, 2022
US
My delivery date has been around Feb 2022 but it is pushed to Sept 2022 because it says my loan application expired. I texted to the Sales and they changed my payment to Cash. However, its only a few hours but my delivery date is still Sept 2022. Do you guys know if it will go back to Feb 2022?

My delivery date has been around Feb 2022 but it is pushed to Sept 2022 because it says my loan application expired. I texted to the Sales and they changed my payment to Cash. However, its only a few hours but my delivery date is still Sept 2022. Do you guys know if it will go back to Feb 2022?
I've been weary to accept their trade in offer and apply for a loan for this reason.

Yes it should. They were correct in telling you to select cash. Once you get a VIN, you can contact them again, and they can set it back to finance for you again. Will prevent it from effecting your EDD again

Update: Today I checked my status and my newest delivery date is back to Feb - Mar 2022. It gave me a heart attack. Please learn from me, don't do loan application until you get a VIN to avoid the expiration of the loan.

• Informative
Reactions: BGOwner
Yeah - an unfortunate behavior of Teslas waiting line is that "incomplete" orders are groomed into a far-off EDD region of limbo into which you can be tossed if you adjust your order or have your financing go stale.

Happily the situation can reverse itself if you get back into fully-filled-out state either by moving to cash, or by re-applying for the financing.

I ordered my MY in OCT with an approved TESLA financing. I received a text saying my Loan expired (seems they expire after 60 days) and there was a "reapply for loan" link in my TESLA account . I didn't do anything until my delivery date was official and then clicked on the "reapply for loan" link and it was just verifying my information from my original loan. It was pretty easy and still the same % rate as before, but they do leave you in limbo until it's time to sign electronically.