Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan car disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No doubt there are car companies that do this...

But "superior" MBZ,BMW, LEXUS, Audi dealers.. DO NOT DO THIS.

They loan out nice cars of their Make... Nice, newer, clean cars....

I think as Tesla customers, we should expect Tesla to raise standards of service and experience.. not just tread water...

(no idea what a "Holden" is)?

Actually, every time I've taken a $130k E class in for a service, I've been given a $40k B class.

I have returned the C200 and am back in my Model S once again. So much nicer! I really have become a car snob since receiving my Model S.

Anyway, I was told that it is still standard to offer Tesla loan cars, but on this occasion they simply didn't have enough to hand hence the Mercedes.

Reactions: gavine
Tesla is production constrained. They sell cars faster than they can make them so they have to decide if any given car should be put in the loaner pool or sold to a customer. That's a tough decision to make. I like the post above about the Model 3 being a good loaner. While those will also be production constrained, they will be making those much more quickly.

What a wasted opportunity for Tesla; they could lend out top spec cars to entice people to upgrade.
Wouldn't even need to be high spec. Honda has always loaned me other Hondas...and generally lower spec than I had booked in. I never knew I wanted a CR-V until I drove one and found it wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected. And while I never bought a Jazz I've been able to talk about my (surprisingly good) experience with the loaner I had.

Preconceptions are removed/corrected. And a free sales team gets recruited.

The is Tesla's loaner car policy -

"If your car does need service, then it should be swapped with a car that is ideally better in some or many ways. To this end, Tesla is building a fleet of top of the line Model S loaners. These will not be our basic model – they will be state of the art with all the best features and options."

https://www.tesla.com/blog/creating-world’s-best-service-and-warranty-program-0

• Funny
Reactions: Homer
I had had a loaner Model S 75 all week. Had no problems with it - apart from the $4000 excess. Is kind of high IMHO.

(then again, maybe if they hadn't dented the drivers door in my car in a mishap while fixing a puncture in the back rear tire... Should be fixed - at their expense - next week.)

Really poor, I hope they change this. So are you expected to bring it back with a full tank of premium unleaded? What a wasted opportunity for Tesla; they could lend out top spec cars to entice people to upgrade.

You are sooooo correct. Twice I had my 2013 Tesla in for service and they handed me a new P90 each time for a loaner. I was hooked. I now have a P100D that is a few months old. It worked on me.

latest
Its a big step up on my last Doctor Who car