Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loan / Order timeline (probably a stupid question)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies in advance, as this is probably a stupid question. Feel free to lock, but please point me in the right direction first.

Have been waiting for base model since 03/31/16. My car lease ended 2 months ago, so I've been taking train 30 miles to my job since resulting in 12 hour days. Then like a lightning struck yesterday.

I've never bought a car before. Once I place the order online and shell out the initial $2,500 (I think I can do a credit card, right?), do I then start contacting the banks/credit unions from the "Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet" thread for the best rate or do I have to have that locked in prior to order? I think if multiple sources check my credit score on the same day for the same reason (auto), it would combine into 1 hard inquiry.

Anyway, if anyone can link me to something on this or just educate my noob ass, I sure would appreciate that help.

Apologies in advance, as this is probably a stupid question. Feel free to lock, but please point me in the right direction first.

Have been waiting for base model since 03/31/16. My car lease ended 2 months ago, so I've been taking train 30 miles to my job since resulting in 12 hour days. Then like a lightning struck yesterday.

I've never bought a car before. Once I place the order online and shell out the initial $2,500 (I think I can do a credit card, right?), do I then start contacting the banks/credit unions from the "Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet" thread for the best rate or do I have to have that locked in prior to order? I think if multiple sources check my credit score on the same day for the same reason (auto), it would combine into 1 hard inquiry.

Anyway, if anyone can link me to something on this or just educate my noob ass, I sure would appreciate that help.

A lot of the loan approvals will only be valid for 30 days, so I would say it’s best to wait until you have a VIN assigned (per my delivery advisor)