Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LOANER BEWARE when getting Roadster repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are roadster customers treated differently? How? What's your experience?

The Rockville, MD center has treated me very well, also. I have always been given a loaner when they were going to have my Roadster for more than a day, and even when it was only a couple of hours and I was just going to wait there, they offered. One time it was another Roadster, another time a Model S. They also picked up and delivered my Roadster one time, no charge, (under CPO warranty). Another time, I'd switched the hard top for the soft top up there, and despite the fact that I offered to pay to have the hard top delivered back to me in Virginia, one of the guys brought the hard top to my house at no charge! Truly fantastic service.

Last edited:
The Rockville, MD center has treated me very well, also. I have always been given a loaner when they were going to have my Roadster for more than a day, and even when it was only a couple of hours and I was just going to wait there, they offered.

That is the only part where my experience differs.

The folks at Rockville always treat me well (when a Roadster drives up, the whole staff comes out to greet the driver), but I have NEVER been given a loaner (even when one had been promised weeks in advance).

They do offer to give me a rental car, but if I'm going to be driving a gas car, I'd rather just stick with my old Hybrid. So, they drive me back home, then come to my house to pick me up when the service is done.

I'd like to get a Model S as a loaner one of these days (but then again, I'd like to be able to charge at SuperCharger sites, and I'm not holding my breath for that, either).

I have NEVER been given a loaner (even when one had been promised weeks in advance).

They do offer to give me a rental car, but if I'm going to be driving a gas car, I'd rather just stick with my old Hybrid. So, they drive me back home, then come to my house to pick me up when the service is done.

I suspect the difference is that I live 25 miles away in Virginia; plus, they know the Roadster is my only car.

I'm due for my annual service. So do you then just ask Tesla to pick up and drop off your roadster? My last 2 services, they've given me a MS loaner. Just because i gotta get home somehow.

I'm sure that makes a difference. I've never gotten a loaner, but I've never asked, I live 5 miles away, and I have a 2nd vehicle. It's never occurred to me to ask for a loaner, though I would if I had nothing else to drive that day.

I'm due for my annual service. So do you then just ask Tesla to pick up and drop off your roadster? My last 2 services, they've given me a MS loaner. Just because i gotta get home somehow.

Yep, that's exactly what I do. "Can you swing by and pick it up? Not sure if I'll be home, do you still have my garage code? I'll leave the keys on the floor of the car." And magically, it all happens. It works better for their schedule and for mine.

IMG_1138.jpg
This was the damage to the MS loaner. Piece cost $260. Labor 2 1/2 hours. Just be careful with the loaner. It was fun to drive the MS, more fun to get my Roadster back. The SC has always been so amazing with their service that I didn't argue and felt like I was almost giving something back to them - albeit painful!