TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Loaner cars at Lawrence SC

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RyersonX, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RyersonX

RyersonX Member

Hi all, I am going to the Lawrence SC for service soon just wondering if I would get a Tesla loaner car. Last few times I went there, I got a Cadillac cts. What loaner car did they give you?

p.s. I am going there to fix my door, not an annual service. If it makes any difference.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

I've never had a Tesla loaner at Lawrence. 3 or 4 times I've had a rental, either a BMW, Cadillac, etc.

3. RyersonX

RyersonX Member

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Don't get your hopes up - I have been at 50-50 between Tesla and other cars.

However I did have a great experience in May 2015 when Tesla had my car to put the summer tires on. They gave me the Very Orange Roadster that you used to see at Lawrence as a loaner and it took 24 hours to do the tire switchover for some reason - not that I minded to get to keep the Roadster for a bit longer.

Deploying the P100Ds as loaners is a great move on Tesla's part, especially since Tesla is a company that doesn't really care about costs. I always thought that high-end car dealerships should give you their top-of-the-line model as a loaner as it is a great way to up-sell you on your next purchase.

5. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

They got away from the cheap Caddys and now loan out Mercedes if no Tesla available.

6. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

2018 C300 wagon is pretty nice loaner I got last time

7. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

I had the Caddy last week. There are a few loaners, but if they are gone yiu get a higher end enterprise car

8. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I had a Hyundai Genesis as a loaner for a short time while my 2nd Tesla was getting touched up as part of delivery. All I can say after that is I was seriously happy to get back into a Tesla - the Hyundai was truly an awful car.

9. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

I guess both tactics work. Give you an ice car, and you will be reminded how much better driving a Tesla is, thereby making sure you do not entertain switching back to the dark side. Or give you the highest end Model S and make you want to upgrade. Clever scheming bast...ds :rolleyes:. Bwa Ha Ha. As he twirls his moustache.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. alexyida

alexyida Member

I got a Model S 100D in December.

Attached Files:

11. mazeminder

mazeminder Member

I have this car right now as a loaner while my car is at Tesla. It has over 5k km on it now :)

• Like x 1
  12. rpm001

rpm001 Member

They gave me a Hyundai Genesis once too. I felt 80 years old driving it.

The other time was an early model S, which was ok but creaky as heck and got me a little worried about the future of mine as it ages.

13. Aussie Bob

Aussie Bob Member

The last loaner we had was a Mercedes. Very leave when our S was finished it’s annual service.

14. HugoBoss

HugoBoss Member

Just dropped our X off yesterday for some issues we wanted fixed. Yesterday being Feb 7. We got a Mercedes GLA. Small crossover that in Europe is actually sold as a hatch. Was looking forward to a P100D X or S
    Maybe I'll try Mississauga service centre next time

15. wayner

wayner Active Member

Here is the best loaner car EVER from Lawrence...
    very orange tesla.JPG

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

In Mississauga I have had Model S or Model X loaners exclusively except once way back in early 2013 when I got a Ford Fusion.

Would loved to have tried the Roadster once, but I think it was restricted to Lawrence.

I'd take the Caddy in a heartbeat over the Mercedes (but that's just me).

17. DMC-Orangeville

DMC-Orangeville 85D and John Deere 5100E

I have RARELY driven a loaner Tesla. I had an S100D last fall, but prior to that (Mississauga) I got a Jeep (twice) and a Chrysler 200 (yuck)...and I turned them down on another Chrysler, and had someone pick me up and drop me off. So, I'd take the Caddy or the Merc.

18. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Weird. The last time I was in (or maybe it was the second last) I made my appointment at 4:30 PM for the following morning and they even gave me a choice of an S or an X. I guess I'm just lucky :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  19. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

I got 2018 330i yesterday

Let's see what loaner I'm getting for tomorrow appointment

20. Terapin

Terapin Member

When my door froze last week and wouldn't shut (a recurring problem on two of my doors on very cold days) I was offered a Nissan Armada.