Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner cars at Lawrence SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do people actually get the orange roadster as a loaner?!?
I did in May of 2015.

I took my Model S in to get a winter>summer tire swap and it was sitting there. I was asking the service guy questions about the Roadster and he said "do you want that as your loaner"? Of course I said yes. Later, I contacted a regional manager and asked if it was for sale - he said no, not at this time. I asked him to contact me if they wanted to sell it but he never did but it appears that Tesla did sell it to someone.

I just returned my loaner 2017 S100D to the Lawrence SC: getting a Tesla as a loaner seems to be hit n' miss based on how busy they are and a bit of luck of them getting an available car back relative to your appointment. Oddly enough, this was my 2nd loaner that had its' 1772 adaptor stolen. Not sure why people think they need a spare adaptor since you can't remove it from the car without unlocking it first, so it's not like thieves are removing them without the driver knowing about it (or am I missing a hidden black market for these things?). Disappointing to see other users taking advantage of Tesla's goodwill and customer service.