Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner cars rules and policies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, what's the general rules for loaner car when you drop yours for service?

Is Supercharger included (if needed)?

Return policy once the service completed on your car? Is it same day after SvC calls you?

Any good or bad experiences? Thanks again

Seems to vary by location. Best bet is to call your local service center or pop in and ask since they don’t always answer the phone.

Seattle offers loaners if available or lyft credit which I prefer.

Return policy once the service completed on your car? Is it same day after SvC calls you?
Best to check with SC when you get the loaner.

For me recently it was 24 hours after they notified you that your car was ready. If you failed to bring it back in that period they would start charging (via Enterprise who manages that SCs program) the daily rate.

Every single time I've had a loaner I was told that tolls and supercharging are on Tesla's dime.

I have FUSC so supercharging has always been included with loaners. Tolls are not. The loaner was through enterprise and I got a violation billed to me(from enterprise). It was cleared up when I added the license plate number to my account for the week I had the loaner.

As others have said it varies by location. Some locations have tesla fleet cars, some have enterprise cars.

I have FUSC so supercharging has always been included with loaners. Tolls are not. The loaner was through enterprise and I got a violation billed to me(from enterprise). It was cleared up when I added the license plate number to my account for the week I had the loaner.

As others have said it varies by location. Some locations have tesla fleet cars, some have enterprise cars.

Yes, sorry. I didn't mean non-Tesla loaners. I would see that Enterprise loaners might have a different policy than one of the service center Tesla loaners.

My brother called the Van Nuys SC to take his model 3 in for a warranty repair and was told that if he wanted a "loaner" it would cost him $100! When did Tesla start charging for loaners?
They don't, my guess is this is one service manager's way to alleviate loaner demand, to scare people away. It's an unacceptable way to go about it, and they should get their hand slapped.

He just texted me when he got there. They said the policy changed 6 months ago and that they only give loaners if it's going to take more than 5 days. But he asked about the Uber credits and they offered him 300 credits as he lives 75 miles from the SC.

*THAT* SC changed their policy 6 months ago, and I guess they're empowered to do that. I hear resources are much more constrained in CA than anywhere else in the country. On the other coast, my friend got a loaner car for a two-day procedure about 3-4 months ago, but uber credits for a same-day thing (which honestly makes sense in that case).

Just had my car serviced at the Paramus Service center a couple of days ago. Went in for condensation in the tailights, UMC stopped working, sunroof stutter when opening and bubbles in the 17 screen. Gave me a P90D as a loaner and called me the next day to say car was ready. Said I had 24 hours from when car was ready to pick it up.

I've always worked with the Bellevue, WA service center and have had an Enterprise ICE rental, Enterprise Tesla rental, and numerous Tesla direct loaners - all dependant on availability with ride share credit offered. Gas in the ICE rental was reimbursed and supercharging is covered.

They seem to treat the fleet as an owner managed honor system from my perspective. It's clear that Tesla isn't cleaning or thoroughly checking the cars between uses as many have been pretty dirty, smelly, or don't have all their needed mobile charging pieces. I had a pretty bad rock chip happen to the windshield of one I was driving and when I returned it they didn't seem to be upset and I was never charged for repair. Overall, I really like the program and encourage anyone who uses it to help keep the cars in good condition and report any issues you notice.

Reactions: PWlakewood