Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner/Demo car Purchase Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you guys find the loaner cars being sold, and roughly how much of a discount was it vs new?

The only way to look at Loaner/Demo inventory is to go to a Tesla store and sit down with a sales person. For me when I purchased at the end of Sept. the discount was substantial v. new, around $8k for a car with 2200 miles, between mileage and age discounts and because the car was produced before some of the option price increases... but YMMV depending on what they have available, I know they were trying to sell a bunch of the Loaner/Demo fleet at the end of Sept., I would assume this was to boost sales at the end of the quarter, but who knows for sure.

The reason to sell old loaners would also be to swap for newer inventory that has the newer features like parking sensors, lighting, fog, folding mirrors, etc. I was disappointed when I test drove vehicles that didn't present the full set of features I wanted to evaluate.