Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner Tesla has no autopilot enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a loaner this week for 48 hours while my X was in for service.

Had the same. S 75D, without autopilot. Was really weird driving it. Not even traffic aware cruise control.

I barely knew how to drive it

The loaner was via Enterprice and I guess they bought the cars? And bought the entry level configurations ?

Reactions: cybergates
My guess is that Enterprise doesn't active AP on their rentals to reduce their liability exposure in case of driver error / misuse. This makes sense to me, but certainly doesn't make me happy. Every time I get a nice, new model S loaner, I get leg cramps from actually using the accelerator pedal over the course of my stop and go freeway commute. Add that to the additional drive time due to the lack of an HOV sticker, and my first world problems seem overwhelming lol...

Reactions: jboy210 and Cueonly
I had a 90D MX loaner for almost a month had AP but it was broken... at the end of the day the loaners primary purpose is to drive and get you from A to B so it doesn't have the bells and whistles you're own model does... can you really expect them to?

I had a Nissan 370z and everytime it went, id get a Nissan Micra...

I dont.

A 2002 Toyota Camry will work great going from point a to point b, maybe they should start using them as loaners per your standard. Also what kid should I leave behind, I bought a 6 seater and now I have a 5. Let me call uber and have some creep pick her up.

A few days is reasonable, a month isn’t.

be nice advertising if youre reading this tesla to have autopilot loaners - dont your own studies show that these autopilot enabled cars are safer and less accidents overall (hopefully enterprise would understand this too).

At least give the speed sensing cruise control option enabled.

It is a liability issue that they're looking to avoid. Too many jamokes driving their loaners while swiping right on their phones.

They are getting a pretty large allotment of Model 3s coming in sometime in May next year, that will be interesting as well.

Cue a bunch of overly entitled pricks complaining about how they're being forced to drive in a 50K electric car, boohoo.

To the guy complaining about getting a 5-seater loaner when your car was a 6-seater, you can ask enterprise for an ICE SUV instead of having to Uber your kid with the creep.

It is a liability issue that they're looking to avoid. Too many jamokes driving their loaners while swiping right on their phones.

They are getting a pretty large allotment of Model 3s coming in sometime in May next year, that will be interesting as well.

Cue a bunch of overly entitled pricks complaining about how they're being forced to drive in a 50K electric car, boohoo.

To the guy complaining about getting a 5-seater loaner when your car was a 6-seater, you can ask enterprise for an ICE SUV instead of having to Uber your kid with the creep.

How about Tesla learn how to make extra parts? Simple solution

It is by far the worst thing about the Tesla loaner situation. It's the reason I will wait until I'm going to be traveling to take my car in, I don't want to drive some sadmobile without autopilot, so I drop off my car and take the loaner to the airport instead.

It is by far the worst thing about the Tesla loaner situation. It's the reason I will wait until I'm going to be traveling to take my car in, I don't want to drive some sadmobile without autopilot, so I drop off my car and take the loaner to the airport instead.

yeah totally - I got stuck in severe rush hour traffic home and the sad part is they texted me that my car was done but when I got there (buena park) - they "lost" my key fob and despite an exhaustive search couldn't find it so they made me two new key fobs and deleted the old one and then they tell me they forgot to detail the car which is what I brought the car in for....

Telsa service still has a way to go. Two trips (this is actually the second time they missed doing the detail on the service call) and hours wasted (literally 2 hours at the dealer waiting for picking up my car).

It's quite the painful experience to drive a non autopilot and no distance sensing cruise control (the latter really makes all the difference in LA traffic).