TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

loaner

Discussion in 'Model S' started by neverdone, May 27, 2018.

1. neverdone

neverdone Supporting Member

My wife and I dropped off our 2016 Model X P90D AP1 for 37500 mile service at the Denver service center last Thursday morning. Said we could pick up Tesla on Monday morning. I guess Denver Service Center is really busy and backed up. But we got a new 2018 Tesla S100D loaner (4000 miles). We had plans to visit our daughter and her husband in Glenwood Springs. In our X we have to charge up in Silverthorne. In the S100D we did not need to stop and charge in Silverthorne. We can make it all the way from Loveland to Glenwood Springs. The range of the S100D is amazing. In the X we would watch our speed in order to conserve battery. The S100D I could go fast and not worry about range; and no acceleration shutter. The AP2 seemed to be as good as AP1. I could not notice any difference; even though auto changing lanes did not seem to work.

• Like x 4
  2. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

the P90D model X basically has the same range as a Model S 75D, its pretty sad.

3. whitex

whitex Active Member

Model X is the "electron guzzler" of the EV world. ;)

• Funny x 2
  4. neverdone

neverdone Supporting Member

My wife and I really do love our X. For us, the X is easier to get in and out of. I sit high and the roof blocks my view in the S; same as virtually every car except for the X. The range of the S100D is so much better than our XP90D. If I was to purchase another car I would get the X100D (non P). Has anyone swapped a 90KWh battery pack for a 100KWh battery pack?

5. KOL2000

KOL2000 Member

I wish. I have a 75 loaner now. 90% charge = 212 this morning.

My P90D 90%???

Guess.

202 on a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ev-now

ev-now Member

You guys are all making me feel better about our MS 60 RWD and it's range - thanks!

7. whitex

whitex Active Member

Your reasoning sounds pretty much in line with why people buy SUV's and pick-up trucks instead of sedans, not unique to EV world.

8. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

I'm only buying the X for the windshield and auto present doors haha.
    :)