Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neverdone

Robinson
Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2016
Loveland, CO
My wife and I dropped off our 2016 Model X P90D AP1 for 37500 mile service at the Denver service center last Thursday morning. Said we could pick up Tesla on Monday morning. I guess Denver Service Center is really busy and backed up. But we got a new 2018 Tesla S100D loaner (4000 miles). We had plans to visit our daughter and her husband in Glenwood Springs. In our X we have to charge up in Silverthorne. In the S100D we did not need to stop and charge in Silverthorne. We can make it all the way from Loveland to Glenwood Springs. The range of the S100D is amazing. In the X we would watch our speed in order to conserve battery. The S100D I could go fast and not worry about range; and no acceleration shutter. The AP2 seemed to be as good as AP1. I could not notice any difference; even though auto changing lanes did not seem to work.

My wife and I really do love our X. For us, the X is easier to get in and out of. I sit high and the roof blocks my view in the S; same as virtually every car except for the X. The range of the S100D is so much better than our XP90D. If I was to purchase another car I would get the X100D (non P). Has anyone swapped a 90KWh battery pack for a 100KWh battery pack?