Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had unfortunate A/C sensor outage after delivery (yesterday), so I quickly stopped at SC this morning and they gave me a Model S 100D for the day while they checked it out. Repaired same day, and got my 3 back at 5pm today. We're good to go and it was awesome driving the S for the day.

I finally dropped off my car at the service center to have them fix my tail light. Happy to report that I got a red Model S P85D as a loaner. :)

Seems like the earlier you show up, the more likely it will be for you to get a Tesla vs. an ICE. I showed up at 9AM on a Saturday which is when they open.

A side note about the P85D is that the acceleration is insane. :D

I got an email from the Service Center:

With regards to alternate transportation, although we would love to put everyone into a Tesla loaner, sometimes our inventory does not allow. We do offer other Luxury Rentals for your to use.

Sounds like I'll most likely be getting an ICE. I hope "Luxury Rentals" means BMW or better.
Luxury? They’re putting me in a Ford Fusion today

I finally dropped my Model 3 off for fixing issues I identified when I first picked up the car. Got a Model S loaner from Enterprise...and what's crazy is, it seems to be the same loaner I must have gotten a few years back as it auto lifted the suspension as I approached my house.

I've got a current model S 75d loaner while an issue with some panels knocking against each other is being fixed on my 3.

Some big pros are it's quite a bit quieter on the highway / noticeably more comfortable suspension / better door handle situation. Overall not worth the price premium over the 3 unless you need the extra room in my opinion or possibly if you do a ton of highway driving

Despite being 4.2s to 0-60 instead of 4.5s it doesn't feel as fast - maybe that's the extra weight or size. Also much more noticeable front end lift under heavy acceleration.

The interior feels a bit dated compared to the 3 in a few ways (not that it's necessarily dated compared to other cars though). No storage in the doors - additional autopilot stalk - cup holders in a bad location - no storage under the center console armrest - additional steering wheel controls all seem like a minus.

It's also been nice being key free for ~6 months now except when I have my wife's keyfob for the minivan when i drive it on the weekends. Having to keep the loaner keyfob in my pocket hasn't been a big deal but I enjoy it not being there.

If there's one thing I miss the most outside of not being able to use the app to preheat the car - I think it's the black/green power bar and the dots. I've just gotten used to them I think and overtime I wouldn't even notice.