TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Loaning policy for new customers

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jdowell362, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jdowell362

jdowell362 Member

Can anyone help me with some first hand experience?

I just ordered my new MS 75D but its in NC so it will take a few weeks to get to my door.

Has anyone else tried to get a loaner during this time?

If this has been asked and answered in another thread, feel free to just copy the link. i'm new to this club.

Thanks!
    Jm

2. Boourns

Boourns Member

I have not heard of anyone getting a loaner for this period of time. On the other hand I have not heard of anyone trying to. I highly doubt they'd do it, just because loaners are in such high demand. But if you ask, all they can do is say no.

3. jdowell362

jdowell362 Member

thanks for the feedback. i'll try and update with my response

4. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

The only time I have seen a loaner is if: they promise a delivery date and miss it, or the unit they deliver is DOA and they give you a courtesy loaner. All they can say is no. Welcome to the club and I hope you enjoy the car!

5. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

Well... I'm a current customer with a lease. And I'm planning to step out early (already hit mileage cap) and trade for a new model. They offerred to give me a Loaner for the period between current lease buyout and receipt of the new car..

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. jdowell362

jdowell362 Member

Looks like they did me a favor and got me a loaner but only from the 4th to Friday. Better than a sharp stick in the eye!

• Like x 2
  7. tstafford

tstafford Supporting Member

Buddy of mine bought a CPO and Tesla bungled the shipping process. They gave him a loaner MX while they sorted things out. I don't think a loaner is standard practice however.

8. whitex

whitex Active Member

Unlikely unless your car is delayed beyond original commitment caused by Tesla. Otherwise, it would be an awesome way to rent a Tesla for a month+ for a cost of a deposit. ;)

PS) I did ask, for each of my new Tesla orders.

9. TIppy

TIppy Active Member

During shipment form California the hood on my car was chipped by a rock. They wanted to repaint the hood locally and offered no discount. I wasn't willing to take the diminished value for non factory paint and asked if they would give me a loaner while I waited for a new car to be built. They said no. I asked for my deposit back and was ready to walk. They offered to have a factory painted hood expedited. I accepted that offer, but they fought like hell not to give me a loaner. It only took three weeks to have my car built and delivered, so it's not like it would have been a huge hardship for them.

And yes I took an electronic paint thickness meter to delivery to make sure they hadn't repainted the original hood.

• Like x 1
  10. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I've never even gotten a Tesla loaner when taking my car in for service.