Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lobbyist conceals the real mission of NJCAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he has a point. We have all been looking at things the wrong way. Tesla has it all wrong, customer satisfaction is not going to be solved with a direct sales model. We need to put a middle man between the car dealer and the customer. It is quite clear the car dealer does not have the user's satisfaction in mind when making a sale as it serves them financially and not the customer. The middle man would act in the customer's best interest to insure maximum customer satisfaction. I propose we ban car dealers talking to customers without an independent middle man to offer optimum customer service experience. The middle man will then bill the dealer for all the effort. Since it would be in the best financial interest of the middle man to bill the dealer for the highest sum possible, they will thoroughly work with the customer addressing every minor detail the customer might need.

Dealers should not have a monopoly on their own services in their own dealerships.

Brilliant!

Since we don't stop for gasoline anymore, many of us may not realize that, the last time I was in NJ I was not allowed to pump my own gas and had to wait 3x as long to "protect me". They have a strong service station attendant union that protects jobs. This is an example of the mindset that Tesla may face in NJ.

Since we don't stop for gasoline anymore, many of us may not realize that, the last time I was in NJ I was not allowed to pump my own gas and had to wait 3x as long to "protect me". They have a strong service station attendant union that protects jobs. This is an example of the mindset that Tesla may face in NJ.

Wow. What a state- the more I hear about it, the more disgusted I become...and I'm in IL! Let's hope the next time a NJ resident or politician gets slammed with another huge unexpected franchised dealer service bill on their ICE car, they'll think about this topic.

Wow. What a state- the more I hear about it, the more disgusted I become...and I'm in IL! Let's hope the next time a NJ resident or politician gets slammed with another huge unexpected franchised dealer service bill on their ICE car, they'll think about this topic.

I lived New Jersey for 11 years and I never got used to having my gas pumped for me. The state of politics in NJ now is dreadful but it used to be much better when the state had more progressive leadership -- Tom Kean, Brendan Bryne come to mind. Christie is just another in a succession of boobs (Corzine at the head of the pack) since then. In the more progressive era I think Tesla would have been welcomed with open arms.

Jean Shepherd called New Jersey "The Great Tire Burning State" for good reason. It is a major center of the fossil fuel industry.