Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local network web access to GW2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to access the gateway's web interface using its DHCP assigned IP address? I've just setup my GW2 on WiFi, and it seems to talk to my router without any issues, but attempting to ping it or access its web server doesn't work. I've read numerous posts about using different browsers, but I haven't found any description of how to do this short of connecting to the GW's WiFi and then accessing it via its built in IP address. Perhaps it doesn't do this for security reasons, or perhaps I've just not set things up correctly.

My GW2 has DHCP-assigned addresses on both the hardwire Ethernet and Wi-Fi interfaces (and those addresses are now reserved in the DHCP server so they won't change). The GW2 responds to ping and I can access it on either address via the Firefox browser.

@Billme Some routers have a setting to prevent communication between devices on the local network. Make sure that's not enabled.

I have my GW1 wired to the router and it assigns a fixed IP address to the GW based on its MAC address. This lets me access the GW with a browser (or via scripts) always using the same local IP.

I would point out that Gateways appear to be designed to have static IP addresses, and may not play well with DHCP.

What are you wanting to do besides pinging it?

All the best,

BG
My GW2 seems to do DHCP without issue. However, I think their network implementation might have a problem with non-standard netmasks; I'm using network 10.1.0.0 with a /24 netmask.

I found that it will respond to a ping from the router address. So I tried adding a route to the 192.168.91.0 network using the GW2's IP address. I was then able to access the GW2 web server using 192.168.91.1.

As to why I want to access it; I'm interested in being able to monitor the power distribution without having to use the Tesla app from my phone.