Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local [NJ] ding repair (someone opened their car door into mine)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone on here has had to get a door fixed when it was dinged by someone else.

Came out of the mall the other day and someone hit my rear driver side door pretty good. Hoping to get CCTV footage for the perpetrator.

I've not set Sentry up... thumb drive is being delivered today.

Anyone know an auto body that works on Teslas? I saw one post that said he paid $650 to fix two dings and they were about the same spots at mine (result looked good):

Door Ding Repair

My local auto body, solid company, gave me an estimate around $1,200. I'm located is South Jersey (real south, Vineland 08360 / Millville 08332).

Thanks.

IMG_20190316_134720.jpg IMG_20190316_134740.jpg

I should mention two things... the line in-between is just because the car is dirty and, although there is a dark spot, I don't think it went through to the paint. Looks like a rubber transfer from the other door... I've just not tried to rub it off.

ew, from the second pic it does looks like it kind of creased it vertically. Only suggestion would be to try a dent removal company and see what they say. Definitely looks like some paint is going to be needed if that isn't rubber from the other car. The fact that there looks to be a depression where it is makes me wonder.

Also might think about getting the car wrapped to minimize scapes and paint work.

Last edited:
That sucks! I can't tell from the picture if it's a chip or paint transfer, did the lower ding crack or otherwise break the paint?

Updating, I see you answered as I was typing, If it really is rubber then you can go with PDR (Paintless Dent Removal), and they can have it look practically like new. I had a major dent taken out of my S, and I can't even see it after the fact. I've got a great recommendation, but he's down in MD. I'm sure there must be good people up there, I would start by asking your local service center if they use a PDR guy (how long and are they happy too :) ). I would expect those costs to be well under $250 and you don't have to worry about having anything painted/matched/etc. etc.-- Peter

Yeah, I'm going to check Yelp to see any PDR shops locally and give it a shot. Auto body said top ding, due to bing on the crease, might be able to be fixed or it may need a door. I think he can fix it, but I'd rather try a less expensive option first, unless the mall recorded the putz who did the damage. More hopeful of that. Thanks, folks.

Was able to get the two dings fixed by National Hail and Dent.

The owner, Rich, fixed it in about 30 minutes and it was very affordable.

He has guys all over so it might be worth a shot reaching out if you have similar damage.

Richard Adelman
National Hail & Dent
President/Owner Operator/Vale Certified Technician
Cell:267-446-8560
Company:888-335-3368
Fax:215-689-1561
Email:[email protected]

IMG_20190401_100015.jpg IMG_20190401_095908.jpg IMG_20190427_192521.jpg

Reactions: RunMadM3